|December 12, 2023
|New York, NY
The Technical Salesforce Architect designs and develops IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards, specifically with regards to the firms use and implementation of Salesforce products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Researches, designs and develops product hardware and software interfaces to form a compatible system.
- Designs and defines system requirements for complex systems and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems.
- Determines system architecture specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Responsible for developing in Apex, Lightning Components, LWC, Lightning Aura, Visualforce, AngularJS, React, AJAX and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions.
- Lead technical design sessions and writing technical design documents.
- Work directly with business stakeholders to define requirements and present solutions.
- Demonstrate technical leadership, setting best practices including integration and application developer, deployment, testing (unit and systems), and iterative refinement.
- Manage technical scope and client expectation.
- Design and develop integrations between applications and other systems as may be required.
- Provide hand on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues.
- Requires specialized knowledge of the business, marketplace and clients.
- May provide expert advice to handle complex accounts independently
- Serves as best practice/quality resource
- Provides technical guidance to Associates and Analysts
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce platform out-of-the-box functionality along with Apex, Lightning Components, Salesforce APIs, and SQL
- Ability to quickly acquire new technical expertise both within the SFDC platform and in related technologies such as client side scripting libraries and ETL/ESB integration tools.
- Solid understanding of writing and consuming web services.
- Solid understanding of developing mobile, hybrid, and/or native iOS/Android applications.
- Ability to follow Agile development methodology and contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle: analysis, design, development, testing, and production support.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related technical field; or equivalent work experience required
- 6+ years experience in technical role; previous experience as architect or senior developer preferred
- Experience with data migrations from third party systems to Salesforce preferred
- Experience designing or building Salesforce integrations with third party applications preferred
- Experience with Salesforce implementation within the Financial Service vertical and specifically Investment Banking or Equities/Research preferred
- 6 + years’ experience with Salesforce.com architecture and APIs is preferred
- 3+ years’ experience with Salesforce implementation with the Financial Service vertical is preferred
Licenses & Credentials
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I (PDI) or equivalent experience.
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II (PDII) or equivalent experience.
Base salary annualized range: $151,000 - 226,000. Actual salaries may vary, and may be based on several factors, including but not limited to each candidate’s qualifications, skills, and overall competencies for the position. The base salary is one component of Stifel’s overall compensation package for each individual employee. Other benefits and offerings include, but not limited to, discretionary bonuses, health / dental / vision / prescription insurance offerings, Stifel Total Health Connect, flexible spending accounts, tuition & certification assistance programs, paid time off, and much, much more! To view a more comprehensive list of Stifel’s current offerings, please visit our Stifel Benefits website.
Stifel is a more than 130 years old and still thinking like a start-up. We are a global wealth management and investment banking firm serious about innovation and fresh ideas. Built on a simple premise of safeguarding our clients’ money as if it were our own, coined by our namesake, Herman Stifel, our success is intimately tied to our commitment to helping families, companies, and municipalities find their own success.
While our headquarters is in St. Louis, we have offices in New York, San Francisco, Baltimore, London, Frankfurt, Toronto, and more than 400 other locations. Stifel is home to approximately 9,000 individuals who are currently building their careers as financial advisors, research analysts, project managers, marketing specialists, developers, bankers, operations associates, among hundreds more. Let’s talk about how you can find your place here at Stifel, where success meets success.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.