|February 9, 2022
|Fort Mill, SC
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Sr. Software Engineer Salesforce
The Sr. Software Engineer delivers innovative solutions for key applications in smart, creative ways. This developer is a team player who always serves the end user by building quality products. This role works with more senior team members to learn more about Sunbelt and the needs/requirements in its customer facing and internal business applications.
- Defines appropriate solutions to meet specific business challenges/process requirements to extend/customize the platform by applying knowledge of declarative and programmatic features of the Lightning Platform
- Handles administrative functions in Salesforce applications including maintenance of user accounts, profiles, roles, security, and data access, setting up workflows, sharing rules and permission sets
- Works cross-functionally with other teams to ensure a smooth process for our global go-to-market teams and other stakeholders, overseeing a Salesforce org with few thousand users
- Creates scalable solutions using knowledge of best practices to design, build, test and deploy solutions, including post-deployment support
- Configures Salesforce and other tools in our technology stack to satisfy business requirements (workflow automations, reports/dashboards, custom apps and objects and integrations)
- Recommends process improvements using creative thinking
- Ensures successful releases by creating and executing on test plans and cases
- Works closely with Salesforce Engineers to deliver complex solutions requiring Apex code
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant engineering field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of Salesforce development/administrator experience
- Understands the principles and best practices of Salesforce data modeling, interface design, code development, and testing, and can apply these principles in real-world development environments
- Is competent developing Apex code that will scale to large data sets; has a good understanding of platform behaviors, limits and performance considerations
- Functional knowledge of Salesforce.com data structure and understanding of how to leverage the tool to meet complex process and reporting requirements
- Able and willing to work independently and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience with setting up third-party AppExchange tools
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, work independently and use good judgment
- Unique combination of being business-minded and highly analytical while also having a strong and deep technical background in Salesforce.com
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences that are in a geographically dispersed environment (conference calls, Skype, face-to-face)
- Ability to produce high quality technical documentation and analysis
- Demonstrate self-motivation and the ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Demonstrate sharp, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Knowledge and experience with Agile and DevSecOps methodologies
- Salesforce Administrator Certification (201) preferred
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ preferred
Safety is key to our culture:
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 25 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws.
We value an inclusive and diverse workplace:
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Columbia, SC Notification: This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.