|Published||September 26, 2023|
What You Need To Know
Open the door to a groundbreaking tech career with an industry leader. Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits is North America's preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. To create a new era in alcohol beverage sales and service, we're heavily invested in the most transformative new technologies - and the most brilliant tech professionals. Southern Glazer's was named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and is included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
We offer continuous learning and career growth in a fast-paced environment where you are respected, your voice is heard, and technology is part of our strategy for success. If you're looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
The Sr. Developer Engineer will develop, administer and govern the delivery pipelines, environments and deployments required to deliver SGWS's Digital Enterprise platform(s). Platforms include Salesforce.com, SAP Hybris Commerce. This can include application evaluation, application configuration, application and integration testing as well as completing appropriate change management documentation.
The Deployment Engineer will also be responsible for delivering support to end users in the organization for specific software applications. This includes troubleshooting applications (providing third level support) and software for all internal end users and external customers to resolve trouble issues per documented trouble tickets
The Deployment Engineer will collaborate with development, quality assurance, level 2 support business analysts, product owners and project managers. This role will be responsible to ensuring we automate deployments, configuration changes, data refreshes, testing scripts, backups, archival, and recovery processes.
Specialized Skills and Technologies
- Should have appropriate Certifications within technology stack
- Strong knowledge of with developing, deploying, customizing and integrating CRM technologies
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the SFDC CRM application.
- Knowledge of Software as a Service (SaaS) environments, Jenkins, TFS, ANT
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Jenkins
- Experience with Microsoft TFS, GitHub, VersionOne a plus
- Experience with PMD, SonarQube, Nexus, Selenium a plus
- Continuously improving our release process by adopting new methods and tools to reduce cycle time, increase automation, and ultimately deliver more features, functionality, and bug fixes.
- Administering and effectively using tools for code deployments, version control, and automated testing.
- Experience with release versioning, labelling, managing code, writing deployment plans, building deployments, doing installs, and coordinating deployments
- Supports the streamlined application life cycle (analyze, build, test, implement, train and support) of the company's Salesforce system.
- Experience with any Salesforce CI/CD tool such as Flosum,Jenkins, SalesForce DX, Gearset, Autorabbit, Copado
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012 / 2016 and Visual Studio 2012 / 2016
- Required skills in source control tools like Git and Bitbucket.
- Experience with Static Analysis tools like Sonar, PMD, Checkmarx
- Participate in ongoing system maintenance and data cleansing, including de-duping, system cleanup and data quality review
- Responsible for logging, reporting, and resolution of Salesforce application issues with Salesforce.com and third-party system integrators
- Monitors, reviews and identifies areas within application that can be enhanced to increase sales efficiency and productivity.
- Assists with SFDC Data imports and maintain integrations to other business applications.
- Work on a variety of deployment projects, ensuring that each version and release is thoroughly tested before deployment
- 5+ years managing software releases in a DevOps environment as a Release Engineer
- 5+ years experience with Salesforce.com
- Proven ability to plan, schedule, and execute plans and rollback plans across a variety of applications and teams.
- 5+ years managing releases in SFDC using Change Sets, Packages, SFDX Command Line, Git/Bitbucket Code Repository, Tooling such as Gearset.
- Experience developing and supporting production applications including limited experience coordinating and leading development teams/projects
- Experience working in large complex technology projects including those with offshore teams
- Physical demands include a considerable amount of time sitting and typing/keyboarding, using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor), or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include walking, bending, reaching, standing, squatting, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.