|January 30, 2024
Come build the next-gen fintech at Early Warning, network operator of Zelle, where we're relentlessly focused on empowering prosperity in all its forms.
From fast money movement for over 100 million people who can access Zelle directly through their banking app to new account opening and beyond - we make a difference in the lives of consumers and businesses every day and enable them to live their best financial lives. And we're only getting started.
With new state-of the-art offices in Scottsdale, AZ (Headquarters), Chicago, IL, San Francisco, CA - plus a growing presence in New York City - we're entering our next big chapter. We focus all hiring efforts in a few states and within driving distance of an office location to enable in-person collaboration when and where possible. Priority hiring locations are Scottsdale, AZ, Chicago, IL, NY tri-state metro area (New Jersey, New York and Connecticut) and San Francisco, CA. We are not actively recruiting in Rhode Island.
People matter to us, so we think our best work is done when we're together, in-person. From informal interactions, to sharing ideas, to mentoring and beyond. We also believe in workplace flexibility and empowering teams to determine the rhythm of work to create an inclusive culture. Through the power of innovative collaboration, we offer hybrid and (when necessary) virtual ("remote") workplace models.
Join us and make your mark on what's next in fintech.
*Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor an employment Visa for this position.
Designs, develops, documents, tests, debugs, and maintains software solutions based on the Salesforce platform.
- Design, develop, and deploy Salesforce solutions using Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Web Components, and other Salesforce technologies.
- Design, implement and maintain integrations with external systems using RESTful APIs, SOAP web services, and middleware.
- Optimize and enhance the performance, security, and scalability of our Salesforce platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to Salesforce development and configuration.
- Perform code reviews, testing and deployment using best practices and tools.
- Provide technical mentorship and coaching to junior engineers.
- Stay updated on the latest Salesforce features and trends.
- Supports the company's commitment to risk management and protecting the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Salesforce engineering.
- Expert in Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Web Components, SOQL, and SOSL.
- Experience with Salesforce APIs, integration tools, and data migration.
- Experience with managed packages and other 3rd-party Salesforce components.
- Experience with Salesforce engineering tools such as VS Code, SFDX, Git, and CI/CD, etc.
- Experience with Salesforce products and features, such as Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud, Einstein Analytics, etc.
- Two or more related Salesforce certifications.
- Experience with agile methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Background and drug screen.
- Salesforce Platform Developer I or II certification.
- Experience with test automation frameworks and tools.
- UI/UX development experience based on Salesforce Experience Cloud.
Working conditions consist of a normal office environment. Work is primarily sedentary and requires extensive use of a computer and involves sitting for periods of approximately four hours. Work may require occasional standing, walking, kneeling and reaching. Must be able to lift 15 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently. Requires visual acuity and dexterity to view, prepare, and manipulate documents and office equipment including personal computers. Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers.
Employee must be able to perform essential functions and physical requirements of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
The pay scale for this position in:
Phoenix, AZ in USD per year is: $120,000 - $140,000.
This pay scale is subject to change and is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific candidate, which is always dependent on legitimate factors considered at the time of job offer. Early Warning Services takes into consideration a variety of factors when determining a competitive salary offer, including, but not limited to, the job scope, market rates and geographic location of a position, candidate's education, experience, training, and specialized skills or certification(s) in relation to the job requirements and compared with internal equity (peers). The business actively supports and reviews wage equity to ensure that pay decisions are not based on gender, race, national origin, or any other protected classes.
Additionally, candidates are eligible for a discretionary bonus, and benefits.
Some of the Ways We Prioritize Your Health and Happiness
• Healthcare Coverage - Competitive medical (PPO/HDHP), dental, and vision plans as well as company contributions to your Health Savings Account (HSA) or pre-tax savings through flexible spending accounts (FSA) for commuting, health & dependent care expenses.
• 401(k) Retirement Plan - Featuring a 100% Company Safe Harbor Match on your first 6% deferral immediately upon eligibility.
• Paid Time Off - Unlimited Time Off for Exempt (salaried) employees, as well as generous PTO for Non-Exempt (hourly) employees, plus 11 paid company holidays and a paid volunteer day.
• 12 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
• Maven Family Planning - provides support through your Parenting journey including egg freezing, fertility, adoption, surrogacy, pregnancy, postpartum, early pediatrics, and returning to work.
And SO much more! We continue to enhance our program, so be sure to check our Benefits page here for the latest. Our team can share more during the interview process!
Early Warning Services, LLC ("Early Warning") considers for employment, hires, retains and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of ability, potential, and valid qualifications without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our employees.