|July 13, 2022
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
In this role you will customize, develop, maintain, enhance, and optimize Audible Salesforce applications by working in close interaction with the Architect, Leads, business analysts and other members of the development team. In this role, you will need a strong foundation in Salesforce coding and web development experience apart from managing experience.
If you are an experienced Software Development Manager in Sales force domain with a creative edge, problem-solving skills, a software development foundation and desire and to be part of Audible’s next generation technology, we want to talk with you.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Application Engineering Team’s mission is to maintain applications and develop world class systems to support our employees and core business services. This team owns SaaS implementations and interacts with 3rd party systems and builds internal systems using cutting edge technologies and products.
You exhibit leadership qualities including excellent judgment and high standards. In addition, you have the ability to dive deep and remain in touch with business details, drive innovation in the teams, invoke passion in others, think big, and deliver results.
As a Manager of Salesforce Software Development, you will...
• Own the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, and leading implementation and testing of new features within a fast paced, Agile environment.
• Define, manage and improve the software and product development processes by working closely with high-performance engineers.
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the Salesforce engineering team and ensure project plans and delivery commitments are met.
• Architect and develop the innovative technical design and implementation approach with the overall product line goals and objectives in mind.
• Own team’s operational excellence, including creation of and monitoring of metrics and alarms in a continuous process improvement environment.
• Manage department resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing to maintain a best-in-class engineering team. Hold regular 1:1s with the team.
• Automate processes using Salesforce automation tools, such as Process Builder, Workflows, Formulas, Flow, Assignment Rules, E-mail Alerts.
• Collaborate with team members and other departments in defining business requirements for optimal use of Salesforce functionality.
• Proactively identify areas of improvement and functional gaps in Salesforce Applications.
• Create and maintain technical documentation including process documentation, naming and commenting conventions and Salesforce policies/procedures.
• Evaluate, install and administer 3rd party apps and provide first-tier-support.
• Experience Managing, motivating and retaining a high-performance software engineering team.
• 2+ years of management experience.
• 8+ years relevant Salesforce experience in Sales Cloud, Service cloud.
• 8+ year of experience in Salesforce Development including Custom Objects, Apex, Triggers, Web Services, Visualforce, REST APIs, SOAP Web Services and Migration Tools.
• 5+ years' experience with OO analysis and design experience.
• Experience working in Agile environment.
• Experience using tools like JIRA, Rally, DOORS, SVN.
• Familiarity with Software development lifecycle (SDLC).
• Ability to affect positive change, empower people, cultivate product technology visions and innovative solutions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present technical information and negotiate tradeoffs with a variety of audiences.
• Experienced decision maker with the ability to articulate product vision and roadmap.
• Demonstrated experience with design and architecture. Preferably large scale, consumer facing, enterprise level applications.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate key performance indicators to all levels of the company.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical experience.
• Prior experience as a Salesforce engineer, subject matter expert, and influencer of product design and development.
• Experience with different Salesforce Products is a huge plus.
• Experience with Splunk.
• Experience Integrating Salesforce with AWS and other Internal Applications.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.