|January 30, 2024
|North Chicago, IL
Come to work each day with an inclusive and collaborative business technology team. As a Salesforce Architect in AbbVie Business Technology Solutions (BTS), you'll have opportunities to contribute to the digital transformation of a leading biopharma company,
helping to create solutions that impact patients and their communities for the better.
The Salesforce Architect is responsible for designing, building, and delivering Salesforce solutions that meet the needs of the business. This includes working with business stakeholders to understand their requirements, designing and developing Salesforce solutions, and implementing and maintaining those solutions. The Salesforce Architect also plays a key role in mentoring and coaching other Salesforce professionals.
- Provide Architectural oversight to applications built on Salesforce platform.
- Build Technology Point of Views for Salesforce platform including Decision Trees to help identify Fit for Purpose for Salesforce solutions.
- Develop Salesforce architectural standards.
- Design and develop Salesforce solutions, including custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, workflow rules, and Apex classes.
- Create architecture and design recommendations while leading working sessions with project teams and stakeholders.
- Develop Salesforce applications aligned to established standards and best practices.
- Mentor and coach other Salesforce professionals.
- Stay up to date on the latest Salesforce technologies and best practices to incorporate into application being built.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with business users, leaders, BRMs and Portfolio Managers to define strategies that maximize business value.
- Partner with the enterprise architecture team to ensure architecture alignment.
- Drive Standardization, maintenance, and use of coding libraries such as UI frameworks, integration patterns to be used in conjunction with Salesforce.
- Evaluating "Fit for purpose" to drive Build vs. Buy decisions suitability to custom application development for new business demand and/or platform affinity.
- Proactively seeks creative solutions to technical challenges, analyzes and supports recommendations with cost-benefit information and relevant advantages/disadvantages.
- Proposing application optimization for externally developed applications
- Evaluating emerging application development standards, technologies, and practices to integrate into internal development standards and practices.
- Escalation points for intractable engineering problems encountered by application development teams.
• Bachelor's Degree with 7 years experience; or Masters Degree with 6 years experience; or PhD with 2 years experience.
• 3-5+ years experience with Salesforce platform features, integration patterns, development standards, data model and best practices and optimization approaches.
• Requires in-depth knowledge of application architecture for GxP applications, Cloud native solutions (IaaS / PaaS), Integrations (using APIs).
• Must be competent to work at the highest level of all phases of application program/system design and implementation.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, analytical ability, judgment, as well as the ability to work effectively with multiple cross functional internal & external teams.
• Experienced in DevOps methodologies.
Why Business Technology Solutions
For anyone who wants to use technology and data to make a difference in people's lives, shape the digital transformation of a leading biopharmaceutical company, and secure
sustainable career growth within a diverse, global team: we're ready for you.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie's policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.