|February 10, 2024
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We'd love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way-all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
We are looking for a detail oriented, solutions-focused Senior Salesforce Developer/Admin to join our growing applications team. Using the Salesforce platform and third-party applications, you will play a critical role in designing, enhancing and implementing effective and scalable solutions across many business functions. This position will work collaboratively to deliver complex solutions across a wide variety of stakeholders throughout the business. We need a self-starter who has the ability to multitask in a dynamic environment. The Senior Developer will analyze requirements, propose software design, instruct software developers on the proper methods of design, define standard design, and provide production support. The Senior Developer will set the standards for design and development of software.
- Support business objectives by leveraging the Salesforce platform to build and configure comprehensive solutions that improve business processes and drive efficiency gains across all business functions.
- Analyze complex business and technical requirements, with particular regard to their impact on existing systems and environments, to produce a thorough business and system design.
- Design, configure, develop, document, test, and implement solutions on the Salesforce.com platform, including integrations with third party applications and other tools.
- Understand the business needs of internal customers and provide comprehensive solutions for such needs.
- Develop coding standards and provide guidance to software developers.
- Participate in cross functional team communication and knowledge sharing activities.
- Work on complex projects with minimal guidance from managers.
- Fulfill technical lead role on large projects and coordinate development activities.
- Work with requirement owners to estimate and prioritize user system requests.
- Advise on how to leverage out-of-the-box Salesforce solutions, as well as when to customize and enhance.
- Manage and document configuration changes to fields, workflows, reports, roles/permissions, security settings, page layouts, custom objects, reports and dashboards.
- Remain current on Salesforce releases, features, best practices, applications, technologies and certifications (Trailhead)
- Manage release preview and business process testing for ongoing Salesforce bug fixes and new releases, advising the Salesforce users on the strategic direction the application should take, including third party add-ons or additional applications.
- Drive user adoption and best practices to further the long-term success of the system through training and support (as needed)
- Maintain system health checks,
- Communicate effectively with project managers and other stakeholders regarding project status and delivery timeframes.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or information technology, and 8 years relevant IT field and Systems Development experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of hand-on Salesforce development experience
- Extensive technical experience with Salesforce in the following capacities:
- Gap analysis, solution design, configuration, and development
- Integrating Salesforce with other applications using web services and other technologies
- Use of APIs, Apex, Lightning, to develop extensions to native functionality.
- Implementing platform end-to-end, including data conversion and post-production support and troubleshooting
- System administration, including user management, environment planning, and workflow, approval, and message configuration.
- Experience with Agile Project methodology and familiarity with JIRA.
- Experience with Jitterbit Integrations or NetSuite Financials a plus.
- Certification and hands-on experience CPQ is a plus.
- Willingness to come into Chicago office at least once a month.
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion pledgeand named a "Top Diversity Employer" for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Cision is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Cision will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision's commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.