|December 4, 2021
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within U.S as you take on some tough challenges.
- Understand all integration points for the components owned by the team
- Contribute technical hands-on guidance while maintaining mission-driven leadership of engineering goals
- Hire phenomenal engineers who complement the existing team
- Focus boldly on promoting the success of your teams
- Ability to manage and provide technical leadership to multiple teams that consist of full-stack skill sets
- Be a single contact for all engineering activities of the team
- In-depth involvement with all components and integration points both internal and external to the system under team's ownership
- Understand codebases owned by the team. Being able to review, code and debug
- Participate in design discussion of the components and their interaction with other components
- Promote the quality and scalability of the systems and guiding the team to make better tradeoffs
- Oversee overall quality of the application while contributing to end to end and integration test strategy, empowering engineering teams to implement quality validations and measures along with development.
- Lead unit testing, system testing, integration and regression testing and bring in best practices and efficiencies to improve quality
- Track technical debt of the team and managing it
- Oversee designs that foster Rally's compliance and application security principles
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6+ years of relevant experience in SW Development in Salesforce applications
- 3+ years of experience in hands-on technical leadership or management
- Code abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications (i.e. Salesforce Lightening, Java; Rest API, Apache Kafka, Apex, Visualforce and CPQ or equivalent programming language)
- Perform feature level design given high-level requirements, taking into account our requirements, data/Indicators/reporting, scalability/performance requirements, and time available to implement
- Experience in the Healthcare industry
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Manager, Software Engineering, Senior software manager, senior salesforce development manager, senior salesforce developer, Salesforce, Lead Salesforce developer, management, Salesforce Lightening, Java; Rest API, Apache Kafka, Apex, Visualforce, CPQ, high level requirements, Telecommute, Telecommuter