|Published||November 24, 2022|
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What youll learn & achieve:
The certified Senior Salesforce Developer is responsible for developing, integrating and maintaining UL Solutions Salesforce instances as directed. You will work with a global team to ensure we are embracing configuration over customization where possible.
This is an excellent opportunity to serve as the Senior Salesforce Developer in a recently implemented global Salesforce environment that is part of a larger global CRM, CPQ, and Enterprise Data Management program.
You will work closely with IT CRM Management and Enterprise Delivery Leadership to support and deliver for our global users in our Enterprise global along with several legacy Salesforce instances.
- Serve as the hands-on senior developer for small to large scale initiatives for multiple Salesforce instances, integrations and related applications through the design, development, testing and implementation phases
- Develop new and support existing Apex (classes and triggers) and Visualforce to extend Salesforce in order to support business requirements
- Custom User Interface development, including Visualforce pages/Lightning pages, Aura Components and Lightning Web Components
- Work with other IT teams to integrate Salesforce with key applications
- Maintain and demonstrate 100% compliance with all written security policies, procedures, and change management controls
- Lead/Advance Salesforce coding standards, frameworks, and re-usable patterns for our development team to leverage
- Write technical design documents and perform code reviews.
- Provide training and assistance to team as necessary, we are a smart, growing global team
- Provide technical assistance and end user troubleshooting for bug fixes and enhancements
What makes you a great fit:
- University Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5+ years hands-on advanced Salesforce development experience with Salesforce Sales, Service Clouds, consulting experience preferred
- Salesforce Administrator, Platform Developer I, II and Platform App Builder Certifications required
- Salesforce Sales, Service, Community (Experience) Cloud Consultant Certifications preferred.
- Experience developing across multiple systems which may include Salesforce Sales, Service, Commerce, Experience Clouds; Oracle ERP, web applications, web services, system integration, data strategy, and reporting services.
- Strong organizational, communication and writing skills
- Agile project management experience a must have
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed environment and adjust to changing priorities and participation in multiple projects.
- Experience with Copado, Einstein Analytics/Tableau, Azure DevOps, Oracle CPQ, Oracle ERP, Informatica, and Marketo preferred
- Understanding of Version Control Systems like Git, SVN, CVS, Bitbucket preferred
- UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and clients. Effective November 1, 2021, the company mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (except where prohibited by law), subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
What youll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isnt new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and youll almost always hear, the people. Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. Were able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create. Were inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & Achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.