Senior Director, Product Engineering Salesforce Platforms
|Published||March 7, 2023|
|Location||Des Moines, IA|
Job Number 23030854
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
Marriott International is looking for a software engineering leader for the development and implementation of key technology initiatives to drive Marriott International's Salesforce platform strategies and associate experiences. This role will be responsible for advancing the modernization of Marriott’s sales, operations and customer engagement platforms in alignment with our core business objectives and target state enterprise architecture.
Marriott has over a dozen Salesforce orgs including one of the largest implementations by the number of users globally with our Empower Guest Experience Platform. Our team will define and create the next generation of solutions to drive Marriott value and serve our business by leveraging current and leading-edge technologies in an innovative and impactful manner.
The ideal candidate will bring strong leadership, people management, technical and business acumen, and project management skills, with a history of success in high-growth companies implementing COTS, ERP or CRM platforms at scale.
What You Will Do
• Lead multiple engineering teams and managers for Revenue Management Systems to continuously improve operational aspects for quality, scalability, performance, resiliency, availability and maintainability.
• Manage day-day relationships with IT teams to promote client satisfaction with business partners.
• Work with product management, platform architecture and other engineering leaders to shape our vision for the next-level of our services.
• Provide strategic leadership and technical oversight to the engineering teams, with a customer first and data-driven mindset.
• Develop future looking strategic engineering roadmaps, capacity plans, budgets, and hiring plans for effective execution.
• Deliver roadmap and customer success operational updates using SLAs and actionable metrics to highlight execution progress and impediments. Own business outcomes.
• Manage, mentor and coach first line managers and senior individual contributors and architects, hiring and retaining A-level talent.
• Develop a progressive engineering culture that fosters creativity, collaboration while maintaining the highest level of engineering standards.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related OR equivalent years of experience and/or certification
• 10 years of software engineering experience, with 5 years of leadership experience
• Direct management of complex budgets and cross functional, sourced, or matrixed teams in excess of $5M annual direct and indirect costs
• Experience with and knowledge of Technology outsourcing activities in a managed services environment
• Demonstrated experience in SAFe Agile development methodologies, specifically with large-scale initiatives and geographically distributed teams
• Experience with DevOps tools such as Git, JIRA, Jenkins and Dynatrace
• 5+ years of Salesforce development leadership experience
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related
• 3+ Salesforce Admin, Consultant, Developer, Architect or Designer certifications
• Proficiency in integrating Salesforce with other applications using Connected Apps and APIs
• Familiarity with Salesforce Process Builder and Workflows
• Understanding of Salesforce security controls
• Demonstrated success leading medium-to large-scale initiatives/transformations in excess of $10M
• Proven management experience in strategic planning and budgeting within one or more business groups
Good process management, negotiating, influencing and problem resolution skills
• Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Experience in business systems and process planning
• Knowledge of hospitality business environment, service requirements and culture
• Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, decide and influence appropriate courses of action
• Ability to understand and communicate the lifecycle of technologies and applications and to translate into business strategies for the client organizations.
• Solid understanding of Technology financial structures and ability to manage to corporate financial processes and standards - including drivers of process costs
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical ideas in easy to understand business terms
• Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls and leading in a managed service environment
California Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $123,975.00 to $275,021.00 annually.
Colorado Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $123,975.00 to $250,016.00 annually.
New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $150,011.00 to $275,021.00annually.
Washington Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $123,975.00 to $275,021.00 annually. In addition to the annual salary, the position will be eligible to receive an annual bonus and restricted stock units/stock grants. Employees will accrue 0.4616 PTO balance for every hour worked and eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrollment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?