|February 8, 2024
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$133,500.00 - $220,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Travelers is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our organization as we grow and transform our Technology landscape. Individual will be responsible for implementing highly scalable solutions on the Salesforce platform. This process includes continuous delivery, optimization, monitoring, release management and support the end to end release process. As a member of the team, you work alongside Software Engineers to ensure all updates to the Salesforce platform seamlessly move from development through staging and into production for all Salesforce based applications.What Will You Do?
- Perform complex analysis, advanced level design, configuration and develop functions for impactful and high-visibility tasks.
- Take the lead on directing and implementing solutions to moderately complex, loosely scoped problems that are aligned with team goals.
- Deliver efforts both independently and by leading other team members.
- Lead investigation and resolution efforts for critical, high impact problems, defects, and incidents.
- Act as a technology advocate, independently seeking opportunities where technology can be utilized to improve the business.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship while fostering a team environment.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned efforts.
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Operate, support and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Drive increased efficiency across our agile squads, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
- Document and advocate adoption of our continuous delivery / continuous integration processes and tools (Copado, Selenium, Maven, Jenkins).
- Continue to develop and improve our monitoring and dashboards for the Salesforce platform.
- Manage incidents and outages within the Salesforce platform and handle production support in general.
- Coordinate with Salesforce support to enable features and resolve sandbox/production issues.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem solver who utilizes data and proofs of concepts to find creative solutions to difficult problems, reflects on solutions, measuring their impact, and uses that information to ideate and optimize. Also adept at making decisions that involve a significant number of factors with broad implications.
- Communication - Strong communicator who possesses the ability to describe technology concepts in ways the business can understand, document initiatives in a concise and clear manner, collaborate effectively with teammates and others regardless of role, quickly extract core issues from discussions and meetings, give and receive constructive feedback, offer help when asked, and ensure everyone has a chance to share their thoughts and are heard; an attentive and empathetic listener.
- Leadership - Advanced leadership skills with the ability to take action even when there is no clear owner, inspire and motivate others, and be effective at influencing team members.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience.
- Three years of programming/development experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.