|Published||June 1, 2023|
The Salesforce Technical Architect provides leadership and expertise in the standards and best practices around Salesforce development. Within projects they will oversee all technical aspects by consulting with clients and partnering with the Technical Lead and Project Manager to understand the current system and requirements as well as oversee the development activities around data migration, implementation, security, integrations, APEX and Visualforce development. They provide best practice guidance for overall solution design, strategic guidance on approach, and inform the best path for the implementation plan.
This position is fully remote/work-from-home with no travel or in-office requirement.
As a senior member of our development and architecture staff...
- You have worked on a wide variety of projects: You have collaborated with technical and non-technical team members to complete a range of project types from small projects with a straightforward objective, to large projects with many business requirements. You have led end-to-end Salesforce implementations that include requirements gathering both system and security, providing solution options, communication of options to clients, technical documentation, technical oversight, system testing, release management, and deployment. You can identify gaps between current and future states and deliver properly positioned solutions.
- You have a broad set of tools: You feel comfortable determining the appropriate application of configuration vs. custom development, have a strong understanding of the technical applications available inside and outside of the Salesforce ecosystem, and you know how to evaluate and advocate for the right tool for the job. Ideally, you would have experience in or knowledge of development technologies, web-based technologies, and integration technologies.
- You are a strong communicator: You can distill complex technical ideas for a diverse set of stakeholders from developers, project managers, executives, and clients of all technical levels of sophistication.
- You are adaptable: The idea of working on several diverse types of projects of different sizes within different organizations excites you.
- You are a delegator: You like to stay involved enough in projects that you know what is happening, but when you see an opportunity to hand off work to someone else, you take it.
- You are a critical thinker: You don’t need to be told how to get from point A to point B. You are up for the challenge of figuring out how the pieces of a given project fit together.
- Analyzes customer technical and business requirements and recommends Salesforce architectural solutions based on best practices and in-depth experience with the software
- Through interviews and system tours gains an in-depth understanding of the client's goals for the project and helps to ensure all relevant requirements are captured
- Provides leadership and guidance in the development of the implementation plans -- including task breakdown, prioritization, and dependencies -- that meet customer requirements and ensure satisfaction, using best practices and in-depth experience with the software
- Evangelizes architectural solutions with, address any concerns with, and collaborate with customer's technical team member(s)
- Identifies technical risks and issues as they arises, communicates them to Project Manager, and helps to provide guidance to the technical lead for solutions
- Helps the Project Manager and Technical Lead to identify appropriate in-house team members when building a project team
- Is responsible for the overall technical approach, vision and goals of the project as well as ensuring a scalable design
- Provides guidance and leadership in proactively removing or avoiding technical debt and security risks
- Provides clients and internal teams with technical tradeoffs to guide them to an appropriate solution.
- Creates and provides guidance the overall design for full system architecture, complex solution design, integrations, data modeling, data migration approach, code review and quality assurance.
- Clearly documents solutions using various tools
- Communicates very technical aspects to the project team and client in a clear and concise manner
- Works with the Project Manager and Technical Lead to develop appropriate schedules, allocate budgets per priorities, and establish rapport with clients
- Mentors the technical staff on development, configuration, data migration, and training
- Supports Director in business development and practice development activities
- Provides leadership and mentorship on methodologies in implementation approaches
- Works with Director to identify and develop opportunities to grow the technical practice
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Salesforce development and architecture (with 2 of those as Technical Architect) is required
- Minimum of 5 years of Salesforce application development experience is required
- Minimum of 3 years in consulting services, consulting directly with external clients on projects is required
- Experience consulting with nonprofit and/or association clients is strongly preferred
- Experience with Agile Scrum project methodologies delivered under DevOps is preferred.
- Salesforce certifications such as Certified Technical Architect (CT), Platform Developer I/II, and App Builder are preferred
- Understands web services (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML) and other technologies that can be used to transport data and interact with Salesforce.
- Hands on knowledge of data integration tools such as Informatica, Talend, Boomi, Salesforce Connect and experience with integrating Salesforce with enterprise systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of Salesforce security including transaction security, event monitoring, sharing, permission sets, and profiles
- Effectively communicate at all levels in an organization
- Ability to scope, define and manage work
- Ability to provide technical leadership across different practices
Our most successful employees:
- Take initiative – ability to identify a need or opportunity to benefit the customer or company and take appropriate steps to fill or achieve it
- Orient towards customer service – proactively supports Fíonta’s clients and would-be clients by considering and advocating for their needs
- Have awesome organizational and time management skills – ability to manage workload across multiple projects, taking priority into consideration
- Get creative when solving problems – ability to think outside of the box and develop innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity – an intuitive understanding of the “right thing” and track record of doing it
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Powered by JazzHR