|December 22, 2021
Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is powering energy independence TM and changing the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The Salesforce System Architect Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for a Salesforce System Architect to work all phases of the software development lifecycle. This position helps the Sunnova team to follow best practices, architecture principles, high quality, reusable, and maintainable code primarily using the Salesforce platform, but also includes other cloud platform like AWS, Heroku etc.
Salesforce System Architect Responsibilities
- Maintains deep technical knowledge and experience with majority of Sunnova’s Core Products
- Develops proficiency with the architectural understanding of IT systems used to implement Sunnova’s core Financial Services, Dealer Platform, Customer Application, and Billing Application
- Provides solutions and guides team to build high quality, reusable, and maintainable codes on salesforce platform using Apex, Flows and Managed Packages
- Partners with other developers, scrum masters, and architects to design develop and debug end to end solutions
- Maintains understanding of existing Sunnova application architecture and recommends best solutions using Apex, .Net, Python, or any other language
- Provides research for emerging trends in Salesforce and Cloud technologies and recommends appropriate solutions for Sunnova
- Works in all phases of the software development life cycle; includes functional analysis, development of technical requirements, prototyping, coding testing, deployment, and support
- Maintains well-rounded view of the solution while understanding both business and technical challenges
- Communicates relevant project information to Team management
- Works to resolve and, or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Designs and presents solutions to senior leaders in IT
- Adheres to company policies around change control processes
- Leads the design of complex reference Architecture and provides input to the DevOps team for implementation of any CI/CD Pipelines and automatic deployments
- Manages Development Team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10+ years as an IT Architect/ developer
- Experience in a professional services role, a networking or security company, or equivalent education
- Degree in computer science or computer engineering
- Experience with Agile
- Experience in energy industry
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to think creatively and develop new solutions to problems
- Ability to create a vision, establish a plan, and ensure successful execution
- Ability to coach others
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Technical, strategic planning and road map presentation skills
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Great relationship building skills
- Deep technical knowledge on Fortinet Solutions and Internet security
- Adaptable and flexible while operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work and take quick decisions under pressure.
- Open-office environment
- Overtime required according to business needs
- Able to work at computer desk station for extended periods of time
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.