|Published||March 4, 2020|
|Location||San Ramon, CA|
Ref ID: 00340-0011267752
Classification: Security Network Engineer
Our Fortune 500 Bay Area (San Ramon, CA) client is seeking a knowledgeable Salesforce Security Engineer who will us their detailed understanding of the Salesforce platform and industry security practice to guide business and engineering decisions. Ensuring strong security measures are included and accounted for throughout the story writing and development process.
As the Salesforce Security Engineer your specific responsibilities will include:
- Being a program-wide expert on Salesforce technologies and, in time, the custom solutions already deployed.
- Provide technical and architectural security guidance to engineering, QS, product management, and BSA teams.
- Work with non-technical teams to help guide security roadmap definition, prioritization, decision making. Augment functional requirements with architectural guidance in order to ensure acceptable and secure implementation.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of technical and security standards and compliance.
- Work as an extension of the Salesforce Architect and Development team(s) collaboratively to improve the security maturity in the Salesforce platform.
- Perform security configuration assessments on the Salesforce environment, plug-ins, use cases, APIs, etc. to ensure security best practices.
- Define and ensure effective monitoring and alerting for security-related events are effectively integrated into Security Operations
- Define, document and publish security requirements that ensure secure design, development, and deployment of Salesforce configurations.
- Coach and continually educate engineering and development teams on security principles and best practices to improve the secure development lifecycle.
- Provide continuous improvement solutions to keep up with changing and evolving threats.
- Develop and maintain metrics that clearly show material KPI’s for security controls and practices.
- Be a critical contributor to the overall improvement of security operations effectiveness by working closely with internal and external teams to understand threats, security gaps, process needs, etc.
- Develop and deploy automation for repetitive tasks, forensic data collection, and other useful methods as appropriate.
- Monitor logging, event management, and systems for unusual or suspicious activity.
- Ensure that secure practices, procedures, and policies are designed and implemented, provide input into future state decisions regarding information security technology design.
- Utilize existing security tools and develop and/or deploy additional tools that enable increased visibility and awareness of known and potential threats.
- Participate in investigations of suspected misuse or non-compliance reviews as requested by auditors.
- Closely monitor proper testing, performance, system updates, releases and security requirements
- Monitor, manage, ensure the completeness and effectiveness of security event monitoring across all appropriate areas. Provide timely and appropriate recommendations for improving coverage.
- Respond in a timely and effective manner to suspected loss or misuse of technology or data using standard Incident Response practices.
- Document security architecture, infrastructure components, and operating procedures to help maintain and manage a service catalog.
- Be a thought leader and mentor to junior staff to help the team grow and enhance their skills
- Stay 100% up-to-date with improvements and new features in the Salesforce ecosystem.