|Published||November 24, 2022|
About The Center for Action and Contemplation
The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to awaken a more loving world through the teaching and practice of the Christian contemplative tradition. Internally, we are creating a modern workplace with the professional skills needed to scale our work to reach a larger audience.
About our Digital Product Team & Salesforce Ecosystem
Over 6 years ago, the CAC adopted an ambitious Digital Product Team model and approach to our technology to ensure we'd have the technical backbone needed to do our work well and deliver on our mission effectively, at scale. In that time, we've built a highly sophisticated internal Salesforce team that has integrated Salesforce into almost every function of the organization.
As a leader in our highly coordinated, team-oriented, and results-focused Digital Product Team, the Salesforce Product Manager is responsible for stewarding the ongoing investment in our robust Salesforce ecosystem and providing leadership to an internal team of three excellent Salesforce Administrators as well as external consultants and developers.
Learn more about our Salesforce ecosystem and Digital Products Team approach in this video conversation with Ananda Robie (Managing Director of Digital Products), Jessie Jones (Web Product Manager), and our consulting partners Sam Dorman and Chris Zezza (The Build Tank).
About the Role
This role is about building trusted partnerships across the organization and helping the CAC deliver on its mission through truly elegant, efficient, and effective technology solutions. We are looking for a leader who understands Salesforce's capabilities and brings experience wrestling through tricky problems on the platform. But more importantly, we're looking for someone who thinks deeply about what the organization is trying to accomplish and why.
In this on-site or remote role, you'll oversee a team of three excellent Salesforce Admins who will rely on you to proactively seek out and understand the CRM-related needs of the organization and translate them into an elegant and functional technology solutions.
On a daily basis, you'll bring a high level of expertise to strategic product management, Salesforce platform administration, and team management. You'll also own and maintain the overall product roadmap and budget; prioritizing staff training and support to ensure technology is used for maximum possible effectiveness.
- Proactively seek out the evolving needs of the organization and effectively translate key choices and team capabilities into an ever-evolving product roadmap.
Manage internal CRM team and external resources to prioritize high-value fixes and improvements, maintain system and data integrity, and ensure CAC staff use the system(s) effectively.
Create, manage, and advocate for CRM budgetary allocations.
Maintain responsibility and accountability for your team delivering high quality work, maintaining a beautifully functional system, communicating expectations to stakeholders, and keeping everyone in the loop.
- When necessary, execute under-the-hood configurations in the Salesforce setup menu.
Oversee projects led by CRM team members and contractors to ensure business needs are met, solid project management approaches are applied, and the proposed solutions are architecturally sound and scalable.
Monitor data quality to identify potential issues before they escalate.
Research, select, and become an expert on third-party integrated tools.
- Leadership: You understand that great CRM systems are not simply delivered as off-the-shelf solutions and used "as is." Rather, they require a great deal of internal leadership and strategy on an ongoing basis in order to remain useful, relevant, clean, and ultimately valuable.
- Strategic Mindset: While technical expertise is important, success in this role will require a strategic thinker who enjoys synthesizing various needs and perspectives, as well as working cross-functionally to orchestrate effective solutions.
- Team Management: You have proven leadership, communications, and collaboration skills with the ability to motivate and empower teams to make business decisions and solve challenges.
- Focus on Making it Work: You are open-minded and willing to look at problems from multiple angles, with an unceasing desire for accuracy, functionality, and ongoing improvement. One of your primary goals is to solve problems and make your coworkers' lives easier.
- Values: You resonate with CAC's values of simplicity, humility, truthfulness, and solidarity, and our mission to create a more loving world.
- 3+ years of Salesforce architecture and administration experience required.
3+ years of experience in leading teams with a passion for mentoring and growing the potential of others.
Ability to seek out, identify, and implement process and policy improvements.
Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
Capacity for deliberate and detail-oriented decisions focused primarily on system health and scalability rather than "quick fixes."
Ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize multiple simultaneous requests, and manage both laterally and upward.
Experience providing training and instruction to audiences of varying technical abilities and learning styles.
Application and Job Specifications
Please apply for this job directly with the required cover letter, resume and application questions. Because of a high volume of interest, we are only able to consider applications through our online application system.
This is an exempt, full-time position. While we have a preference for candidates located in Albuquerque, NM, we are open to remote candidates located elsewhere. Candidates within the United States who are asked to relocate to Albuquerque, NM will be provided a relocation assistance package.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
We believe that diversity makes us better. The CAC welcomes and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, pregnancy, parental status, military service, veteran status, citizen status, political affiliation, disability status, or any other non-merit based factor.
Still Want to Know More?
Check out these featured articles for more information on our digital product model and ethos:
- How Product Managers are Changing Nonprofit Philanthropy
- Getting the Good Stuff When Going Remote
- Case Study on our use of FormAssembly