Salesforce Principal Software Engineer (REMOTE)
|Published||February 26, 2023|
|Location||Virginia Beach, VA|
At GEICO, it's not just a job, it's growth and opportunity.
GEICO Technology Solutions Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team is seeking an innovative, inspiring, and results-oriented Principal Software Engineer to join our team. Our solutions utilize in-depth technical aspects of all areas of the Salesforce platform, and require the highest quality implementations built for scale, efficiency, and great customer experience. In this role you will lead major programs of highly technical complexity and will direct and monitor the work of team members. While this is not a management position, you will be a peer leader, coach, and mentor to others. You will report to the Director of Application Delivery and will be responsible for system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation within our Salesforce CRM ecosystem. You'll also be working with complimentary software/integrations including but not limited to .Net, MuleSoft, Azure Cloud, Snowflake, Tableau CRM, and Power BI.
* Serve as the technical leader for the team in determining the best approach to a requirement.
* Translates business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platforms and products
* Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions. Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution's feasibility and functionality
* Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to developers
* Follow and understand new Salesforce products and technical capabilities resulting from product releases and acquisitions
* Coach and mentor junior technical and functional team members
* Lead project meetings with IT and business stakeholders
* Participate in process flow analysis and process redesign along with Enterprise Architects
* Collaborate with a team of Salesforce Architects, Developers, and Engineers to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
* Understanding that features need to be built with the entire system in mind and can think ahead and outside the box of what the completed system will look like to ensure a complete end-to-end workflow
* Configure and maintain Salesforce instances via declarative tools, including workflows, process builders, reports, dashboards, etc.
* Comfortable training junior developers on Salesforce and newly built features
* Provide current best practice and third-party solution alternatives from the AppExchange
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
* 15+ years of experience in software development, leading technical teams.
* Minimum of 8+ years of Salesforce experience
* Advanced knowledge of Insurance industry trends, products, services, policies, and procedures
* Technical certifications for Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, or MuleSoft
* Detailed understanding of the Salesforce Classic, Salesforce Lightning, and Salesforce Sandbox Enterprise development environments
* Proficient with AppExchange and commonly used Salesforce Apps
* Experience with Azure DevOps or other project management tools
* Demonstrated knowledge of the Salesforce.com sales cloud development environment including but not limited to items such as custom objects, declarative functionality, workflows, triggers, Visual Force, migration tools, and SOQL
* Must provide solutions that are highly scalable, extensible, and easy to maintain while keeping the overall end-user experience in mind
* Must demonstrate a strong understanding of data architecture best practices
* Must demonstrate a strong ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues
* Must demonstrate a strong ability to design solutions based on functional requirements
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO's competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
* Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
* Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
* 401(k) Plan
* Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
* Paid Training, Licensures and Certificates
* Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire coverage to take effect
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.