|Published||January 29, 2020|
|Location||College Park, MD|
The University of Maryland, College Park (UMD) is seeking a Salesforce developer. This position will be assisting with the full development life-cycle from technical design to development, testing, and deployment. The Salesforce Developer will be expected to work with the UMD Salesforce project team and UMD clients to gather requirements and configure the Salesforce application based on business needs with robust documentation. The best candidates will be highly technical professionals experienced in web application development. Candidates should have extensive development experience with the Salesforce platform and be able to leverage the Salesforce provided Application Programming Interface. He/she should be able to follow established Salesforce development standards and best practices. He/she will be comfortable communicating and presenting to technical and non-technical audiences.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Active Salesforce.com Developer Certification/s (Developer, Advanced Developer, and/or Admin)
5+ years of software development experience
3+ years of experience developing on the Force.com platform
Strong experience with configuration, customization, programming with APEX APIs, APEX Triggers, and implementing new instances of SalesForce.com from scratch
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in programming using Salesforce SFDC.
- Ability to gather and translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce.com platform.
- Strong technical design skills and an ability to deliver customer driven solutions.
- Deliver results on time and produce high quality deliverables.
- Proficient in programming best practices, design patterns and design trade-offs on internet and cloud based platform.
• Master’s degree in an IT-related discipline
• Experience working in higher education
• Previous custom development experience in implementing other technologies
• ETL experience such as Informatica
Additional information: This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Physical demands: Sedentary work. Employee will need to be able to sit for long periods of time to work on a computer, as well as travel occasionally to meet with clients and customers on and off campus.
Best consideration date: 12/10/2019 or open until filled
Position #: 125394