|Published||October 3, 2023|
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/ Overview:
At Mass General Brigham Digital, we pride ourselves on our ability to create maximum strategic, clinical, and operational value from established and emergent technologies for our patients, care teams, researchers, and employees. Digital health will not only enhance the equity and efficiency of healthcare delivery, but it will also help make medicine more personalized and precise.
We recognize that increasing value and continually improving quality while maintaining an inclusive focus are essential to organizational excellence, and we invite you to join us on this journey. The work we do in Digital is a strategic imperative, and there is a strong and growing understanding of how together we will transform Mass General Brigham in innovative and impactful ways.
The Salesforce Developer will lead the continued development and optimization of the new Salesforce Health Cloud platform at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. This role will support the further development and delivery of Salesforce solutions for the cornerstone application-use, our patient-centric Customer Relationship Management (CRM), as well as support enablement of additional application areas, including Physician Relationship Management (PRM).
Working alongside the product/platform manager and business analysts/administrators, the developer will build, integrate and support new and existing application development of the Salesforce platform for a broad set of business stakeholder units and use cases across the Institute, including: Welcome Center, New Patient Intake, Scheduling Operations, Access Management, Communications & Marketing, and Clinicians. The developer will serve as a critical team member to produce new digital-optimized solutions critical to the business operations.
This role will require high collaboration across IS/Digital teams and stakeholder groups through the SDLC and will also be expected to work well and adhere to the Agile Methodology.
The developer will be responsible for:
- Development of solutions to deliver on new initiatives and the product backlog
- Interpreting business requirements into solutions
- Providing technical plans/solutions to business teams
- Understanding technical dependencies and limitations to provide business with recommendations
- Creating complex workflows within Salesforce
- Creating triggers
- APEX development
- Development of visualforce pages and Lightning components
- Supporting the integration approach and build with other systems and platforms
- Testing of new applications and support of integrated testing and necessary regression testing
- Conducting regular maintenance of the system and adhering to platform/industry standards and recommendations
- Supporting and troubleshooting issues
- Performing proactive reviews of the data and provide recommendations
- Producing technical documentation, code documentation, schemas and managing code versioning
- Managing code delivery across Salesforce lower and upper environments. Identify and mitigate risks during code conflict and merging. Ensure only high-quality code is deployed to production environments.
- Understanding of release readiness criteria and ensure all changes adhere to MGB and DFCI standard protocols
- Reviewing custom developed code and making necessary technical adjustments
- Implementing the new solutions following the MGB and DFCI change management methodology and use of the organization's release management tools
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as technical leader for multiple, complex applications utilizing demonstrated ability to deliver technical solutions to the problems and challenges inherent in related projects.
- Will be involved in all phases of project life cycle, assisting in the technical design, coding, implementation, and maintenance of the assigned systems.
- Works with the project team, which includes users and analysts, to develop technical solutions which integrate with the current systems.
- Attends meetings with the core team members to get updates on the work or the status of the ongoing project in the organization.
- Collaborates with other Digital staff (Operations, Network Services, Information Security, etc.) to provide inter-disciplinary technical solutions.
- Delivers customized solution based on business requirements.
- Understands and defaults to configuration features where appropriate.
- Author technical specification documentation to assist with current and future knowledge transfer responsibilities.
- Collaborates with the team to maintain internal documentation for new and existing applications.
- Development responsibilities include unit testing and implementation of package development efforts, as well as coding, configuration, regular maintenance, installation, testing and debugging.
- Participate in the groups on-call rotation for support.
- Must be a self-starter and stay current on emerging technologies in the industry.
- Use/s the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions, and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years of progressive work experience in developing web applications.
- Salesforce Administrator Certifications Preferred: Administrator 201, Administrator 301 preferred.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming Languages: Java experience required
- Experience with the Lightning Framework and the creation of Lightning Web Components
- Experience with responsive UI design utilizing frameworks like Bootstrap preferred.
- Experience with Relational Database design and development using MS SQL Server.
- Experience developing Integration Web Services with RESTful and SOAP protocols.
- Experience with APIs, Integration principles (ideally including Epic).
- Proficiency with developing reports is desired.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Team Foundation Server, Azure Dev Ops, and SharePoint is desired.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum or CMMI software development methodologies is desired.
- Understanding of distributed web application development concepts and object-oriented programming.
- Experience developing large-scale applications using modern frameworks like React, Bootstrap, etc.
- Exposure to systems analysis, application design and testing. Ability to write clear technical documentation.
- Able to act independently or under very general direction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams, including technical and non-technical staff at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others with different skill sets, backgrounds, and levels within and external to the organization.
- Ability to assist developers and analysts in coding, testing, implementing, and maintaining systems.
- Desire to learn and stay updated on emerging technologies and trends.
- No direct reports; may provide guidance to less seasoned and new staff
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Mass General Brigham resources
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This position requires occasional local travel to MGB sites, vendors, and/or conferences
- Hospital work environment working conditions include possible exposure to diseases or infections and may require safety gear (PPE) such as gloves and mask.
- Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.