|January 30, 2024
|West Sacramento, CA
It is important to read this advertisement in its entirety. You are required to submit a Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) for this position. The SOQinstructions and required statements are at the bottom of this posting. Applications received without an SOQ or with an SOQ that does not comply with theinstructions will be disqualified.
Under the direction of the Information Technology Manager I (IT Manager I), the Information Technology Specialist I (ITS I) serves as a well-versed Salesforce developer tasked with analyzing the Office of Tax Appeals (OTA) case management processes, ensuring the Salesforce workflows are meeting the customers business needs, and providing custom solutions when those business needs are not met. This position also serves as back-up for our Servicedesk Support and Salesforce Administrator as needed.
Looking for a State Job? - Review the 3 Steps To A State Job webpage and be sure to complete the exam/assessment and state application before applying for this position.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement .
OTA is a hybrid working environment (i.e., combined remote and in-office work schedules). If you are interested in maintaining a work/life balance, saving on fuel and parking expenses, and want work flexibility, OTA is the place for you!
Minimum Requirements You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST I
- Job Application Package Checklist
- Duty Statement
Position Details Job Code #:
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST I $5,960.00 - $7,988.00 A
$6,554.00 - $8,784.00 B
$7,197.00 - $9,643.00 C
# of Positions:
Permanent, Full Time
8:00am - 5:00pm
Monday - Friday
BUILD A DEPARTMENT...BUILD YOUR FUTURE!! Do you want to make a difference in the lives of Californians while achieving your career goals? Do you like a challenge? Do you set standards for yourself and enjoy working in a fast-paced, evolving organization with great potential for personal development? The Office of Tax Appeals is looking for a person like you who will join our team and influence the organization's culture for years to come.
Come join our team, apply today!
***This is a repost for JC 375643. Please do not submit a new application if you have previously applied.***
Application cut off dates when sets of applications are reviewed: 12/18/23, 1/2/24,1/15/24, 1/29/24
In order to be considered for the position, you must include the following:
- JC 405778 in the Examination/Title Section of the State application (STD 678) when submitting a hard copy application.
- Statement of Qualification (SOQ). This SOQ serves as a narrative discussion to llustrate how the candidate's education, training, experience,and skills have prepared you for this position. The SOQ serves as documentation of each candidate's ability to present a written response to the followingquestion, both clearly and concisely. The written response should be typed and no more than two (2) pages in length, single spaced, and 12 Arial point font
SOQ's that do not address the following questions will not be screened.
Must have Information Technology Specialist list eligibility, transfer eligibility, SROA, surplus or reinstatement rights
Electronic submittal of application and documents through calcareers.ca.gov is preferred. E-mailed or faxed applications will not be accepted.
Using the online application system as specified in the announcement is the preferred method of applying for civil service jobopportunities;however, applicants may instead apply by way of U.S. mail, parcel delivery or courier service, or in person, as setforth in this announcement.
Additional hires may be made from this job bulletin if additional positions become available.
Dates printed on Mobile Bar Codes, such as the Quick Response (QR) Codes available at the USPS, are not considered Postmark dates for the purpose of determining timely filing of an application.
Final Filing Date: Until Filled
Who May Apply
Individuals who are currently in the classification, eligible for lateral transfer, eligible for reinstatement, have list eligibility, are in the process of obtaining list eligibility, or have SROA and/or Surplus eligibility (please attach your letter, if available). SROA and Surplus candidates are given priority; therefore, individuals with other eligibility may be considered in the event no SROA or Surplus candidates apply.
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified applicants will be selected to move forward in the selection process. Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications stated in the Classification Specification(s).
How To Apply
Complete Application Packages (including your Examination/Employment Application (STD 678) and applicable or required documents) must be submitted to apply for this Job Posting. Application Packages may be submitted electronically through your CalCareer Account at www.CalCareers.ca.gov. When submitting your application in hard copy, a completed copy of the Application Package listing must be included. If you choose to not apply electronically, a hard copy application package may be submitted through an alternative method listed below:
Address for Mailing Application Packages
You may submit your application and any applicable or required documents to:
Office of Tax Appeals
Attn: Lannie Cruz - JC 405778
P.O. Box 989880
West Sacramento , CA 95798-9880
Address for Drop-Off Application Packages
You may drop off your application and any applicable or required documents at:
Office of Tax Appeals
Lannie Cruz - JC 405778
400 R Street
Sacramento , CA 95814
08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Required Application Package Documents
The following items are required to be submitted with your application. Applicants who do not submit the required items timely may not be considered for this job:
- Current version of the State Examination/Employment Application STD Form 678 (when not applying electronically), or the Electronic State Employment Application through your Applicant Account at www.CalCareers.ca.gov. All Experience and Education relating to the Minimum Qualifications listed on the Classification Specification should be included to demonstrate how you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position.
- Resume is optional. It may be included, but is not required.
- Statement of Qualifications - This SOQ serves as a narrative discussion to illustrate how the candidate's education, training, experience, and skills have prepared you for this position. The SOQ serves as documentation of each candidate's ability to present a written response to the following question(s), both clearly and concisely. The written response should be typed and no more than two (2) pages in length, single spaced, and 12 Arial point font. SOQ's that do not address the following questionswill not be screened.
- Please describe your Salesforce experience, in detail.
- Provide an example of your experience with an enterprise-level application development project. Please describe your role and the outcome the projecthad on the organization.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for the hiring interview process must request the necessary accommodations if scheduled for a hiring interview. The request should be made at the time of contact to schedule the interview. Questions regarding reasonable accommodations may be directed to the EEO contact listed on this job posting.
Desirable Qualifications In addition to evaluating each candidate's relative ability, as demonstrated by quality and breadth of experience, the following factors will provide the basis for competitively evaluating each candidate:
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and/or Salesforce Administration.
- Advanced knowledge of IT Infrastructure principles and best practices.
- Working knowledge of design and development of Salesforce based applications with experience in creating and maintaining documentation and records for all development cycles.
- Working knowledge of UI architecture and APIs, using Salesforce Lightning UI system and Lightning Components, and APEX/Triggers/MuleSoft/Snowflake in Salesforce platform.
- Experience in the analysis, design, development, installation, implementation, procurement, and/or technical support duties within specified data processing systems, multifunctional office automation systems, network systems, technical infrastructure, and computer systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain cooperative working relationship with others using different mechanisms including informal updates, formal presentations, business case documents, and other analytical and technical documents.
For information regarding available employee benefits, please visit the California State Civil Service Employee Benefits Summary page on the California Department of Human Resources' website at: California Employee Benefits Summary
The Human Resources Contact is available to answer questions regarding the application process. The Hiring Unit Contact is available to answer questions regarding the position.
Human Resources Contact:
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Hiring Unit Contact:
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Please direct requests for Reasonable Accommodations to the interview scheduler at the time the interview is being scheduled. You may direct any additional questions regarding Reasonable Accommodations or Equal Employment Opportunity for this position(s) to the Department's EEO Office.
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
California Relay Service: 1-800-735-2929 (TTY), 1-800-735-2922 (Voice) TTY is a Telecommunications Device for the Deaf, and is reachable only from phones equipped with a TTY Device.
- Please do not include personal information on your application, resume or Statement of Qualifications (social security number, date of birth, martial status, etc.)
- Clearly indicate the basis of your eligibility (certification list, transfer, reinstatement, SROA and/Surplus eligibility) in the "Explanations" section located on the first page of your State/Examination/Employment Application (STD.678)
- Remove and do not submit the "Equal Employment Opportunity" questionnaire (page 5) with your completed State Examination/Employment Application (STD. 678). This page is for examination use only.
- In the "Employment History" section of the application you must list your current employment history by providing the To and From dates with the month, day and year, the hours per week that you worked, which should be a whole number and not a range and the Total Worked (years/months).
- You must complete the duties performed section on the application. Applications with "see resume" is not acceptable. Application received without all of this information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
For exam information regarding the Information Technology Specialist, please click on this link: Information Technology Specialist I
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
It is an objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free work place. Any applicant for state employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing Civil Service, and the special trust placed in public servants.