|October 9, 2023
Start Early (formerly known as the Ounce) is an energized, future-focused organization devoted to providing quality early learning and care across the country.
Our desire to close the opportunity gap and build more equitable early learning experiences for our youngest learners guides everything we do. As a leader in early learning and care, we scale our deep expertise across program, policy and research through partnerships across the country.
We are recruiting individuals who want to join us in this mission and share a commitment to our core values of appreciation & respect, empowerment, diversity, excellence, learning and communication.
Become part of our rewarding, mission-driven culture! We want our employees to feel empowered, motivated, energized, and passionate about the work they do!
The Salesforce Developer position is responsible for leading custom developments, integrations, complex automations, and building custom components within the Salesforce ecosystem at Start Early. Reporting to the Salesforce Manager, this individual applies strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills to determine requirements, design and implement new automations, features, and workflows that drive better results and outcomes for Start Early constituents.
Reporting to the Salesforce Manager, you will:Configuration and Customization
- While following the Start Early Salesforce roadmap, lead the development of the Salesforce lifecycle from ideation to maintenance.
- Work with business units to determine business, functional and technical requirements while considering the structural needs and health of the instance.
- Understand NPSP configurations and prepare instance for eventual migration to a new nonprofit solution.
- Integrate new and existing third-party applications with Salesforce ensuring data flow and synchronization between systems. Integrations include: LMS, event platform, donation platform, form platform, and more using middleware or API connections.
- Advise, develop, test, and implement custom Salesforce functionalities using Apex, Visualforce, Flow and Lightning Components.
- Conduct code reviews, maintain documentation, and adhere to coding standards to ensure the quality and maintainability of Salesforce solutions.
- Ensure that all applications are well documented, thoroughly tested, and debugged and adhere to organizational and industry best practices.
- Plan, prioritize, and estimate effort and timeline to implement new features and integrations within Salesforce instance for business units in an organized manner with clear communication and expectations.
- Successfully manage case deliverables while balancing project timelines and unanticipated issues in a fast-paced environment.
System Optimization and Platform Maintenance
- Review Salesforce Releases, implement updates, industry best practices, and emerging technologies. Recommend improvements as necessary to optimize Salesforce instance.
- Develop platform maintenance schedule and work with Salesforce Administrators to ensure ongoing maintenance is completed.
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years hands-on development experience with Salesforce Lightning
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce platform architecture and features, including Sales Cloud and Service Cloud.
- Proficiency in Apex Classes/Triggers, Visualforce, Lightning Components, SOQL, SOSL, and declarative configuration tools in Salesforce
- Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.) & Metadata APIs
- Experience with complex Salesforce implementations and integrations
- Understanding of nonprofit organizations
- Familiarity with NPSP
- Salesforce Developer Certification preferred
- Experience in the full application life cycle
- Experience at working effectively both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong communication, documentation skills, and attention to detail
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage initiatives to successful completion
- Deep commitment to advancing diversity, racial equity, and inclusion into organizational routines and practice.
- Effectively establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- Comfort and experience in handling risk and uncertainty to move work forward.
We recognize that few candidates might meet every single piece of knowledge, experience, or education listed here. Research shows that women and people of color, among many other historically excluded groups, are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Start Early is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your qualifications don't perfectly align with everything in the job description, we still encourage you to apply!
Salary: $77,400 - 129,000.00. The starting salary for this position is between $95K - $115KOur generous benefits plan includes:
Comprehensive Health Plans, Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, Holistic Wellness Program, Professional Development Program, 401k Contribution, Paid Volunteer Days, 6 months paid parental leave, and much more.
Start Early is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to our core values by creating an inclusive environment for all staff.