|Published||September 26, 2023|
Founded in 2003, IT Concepts' core values - customer-centricity, teamwork, driven to deliver, innovation, and integrity - ensure we work together to be the best, realize objectives, and make a positive impact in our communities. We intentionally created and sustain our ITC culture that embraces change, experimentation, continuous learning, and improvement. We bring our design thinking problem solving approach that challenges assumptions, prioritizes curiosity, and invites complexity to deliver innovative, efficient, and effective solutions. As we continue to grow in the support of our government customers, we are looking for driven and innovative individuals to join our team.
IT Concepts is seeking to hire a qualified Salesforce Developer to support our DOC customer. The Salesforce platform and application software development will support ITA's Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) in the delivery and maintenance of the mission critical Salesforce platform and applications. As a Salesforce Developer you will be part of a team helping DOC, ITA achieve mission-driven success. The ITA Salesforce deployment includes the Salesforce Service Cloud platform and several custom applications. Salesforce serves as the primary business platform for the majority of ITA users.
- Collaborate with DOC ITA stakeholders to gather and comprehend business requirements, prioritize the requirements and determine the necessary functionalities and integrations within Salesforce platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including other developers, administrators, and business analysts, to align on project requirements, timelines, and deliverables.
- Work with the development team on analysis, design, configuration, coding, testing, and deployment while adhering to current System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes.
- Work closely with different project teams, business domain experts and other technical staff members.
- Translates business and technical requirements into solution designs that satisfy the business needs and comply with approved standards. Reviews functional specifications, creates detailed technical design and technical specifications.
- Ensure development activities are aligned with scope, schedule, priority, and business objectives. Oversees code development and unit and performance testing activities. Develops and enhances application code.
- Maximize the customers' requirements by prioritizing use of out-of-the-box functionality of Salesforce and other tools, balancing between customization and configuration
- Troubleshooting and fixing bugs in the custom applications
- Custom applications to be utilized: AD/CD, FTA Tariff Tool, Toolkits, Market Diversification Tool, Participation App, Privacy Shield, Global Trade Monitor, Forms
Location: Employee should be within commuting distance to DC area for site visits. Majority of position is telework.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology or related field
- Experience supporting Salesforce platform and application development efforts for federal government
- 2+ years of experience designing and building applications using object-oriented languages at the federal level (Java application, Java Development)
- 2+ years of experience developing within a professional Software Development Life Cycle methodology - Specifically SAFe Agile Management and Development (or equivalent- Agile, SCRUM, and/or Waterfall, etc.)
- Experience supporting federal IT projects.
- Excellent at identifying and solving problems.
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- Required Salesforce Certifications
- Java Script Developer I; or
- Platform App Builder; or
- Platform Developer I
- In-depth knowledge with the following:
- SAFe Agile Management and Development (Target Process)
- Salesforce Lightning Web Components
- Salesforce Declarative Programming (APEX)
- Salesforce Flow
- Salesforce Omni Studio
- Leapwork Test Automation
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Experience being part of Salesforce implementations at the Department of Commerce
- Willing and able to complete Public Trust Suitability process.
We believe in generating success collaboratively, enabling long-term mission success, and building trust for the next challenge. With you as our partner, let's solve challenges, think innovatively, and maximize impact. As a valued member of our ITC community, you have the unique opportunity to work in a diverse range of technology and business career paths, all while supporting our nation and delivering innovative technology solutions. We are a close community of experts that pride ourselves on creating an environment defined by teamwork, dedication, and excellence.
We hold three ISO certifications (27001:2013, 20000-1:2011, 9001:2015) and two CMMI ML 3 ratings (DEV and SVC).
Growth Inc 5000's Fastest Growing Private Companies, DC Metro List Fastest Growing; Washington Business Journal: Fastest Growing Companies, Top Performing Small Technology Companies in Greater D.C.
Culture Northern Virginia Technology Council Tech 100 Honoree; Virginia Best Place to Work; Washington Business Journal: Best Places to Work, Corporate Diversity Index Winner - Mid-Size Companies, Companies Owned by People of Color; Department of Labor's HireVets for our work helping veterans transition; SECAF Award of Excellence finalist; Victory Military Friendly Brand; Virginia Values Veterans (V3); Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Corporate Breath Award
We offer great benefits - Competitive Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Legal Resources Coverage, 401(k) with company matching with NO vesting period. ITC Health benefits have $0 premium for certain plans as an employee.
We invest in our employees - Every employee is eligible for education reimbursement for certifications, degrees, or professional development. Reimbursement amount may fluctuate due to IRS limitations. We want you to grow as an expert and a leader and offer flexibility for you to take a course, complete a certification, or other professional growth and networking. We are committed to supporting your curiosity and sustaining a culture that prioritizes commitment to continuous professional development.
We work hard, we play hard. ITC is committed to incorporating fun into every day. We dedicate funds for activities - virtual and in-person - e.g., we have free tickets to Nationals games available upon employee request; we host happy hours, holiday events, fitness events, and annual celebrations. In alignment with our commitment to our communities, we host and attend charity galas/events. We believe in appreciating your commitment and building a positive workspace for you to be creative, innovative, and happy.
AAEO & VEVRAA
IT Concepts is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a VEVRAA (Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act) Federal Contractor. As such, any personnel decisions (hire, promotion, job status, etc.) on applicants and/or employees are based on merit, qualifications, competence and business needs, not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information of the employee or family member of the employee, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.
IT Concepts maintains a strong commitment to compliance with VEVRAA and other applicable federal, state, and local laws governing equal employment opportunity. We have developed comprehensive policies and procedures to ensure that our hiring practices align with these requirements.
As a part of our VEVRAA compliance efforts, [Company Name] has established an affirmative action plan that outlines our commitment to the recruitment, hiring, and advancement of protected veterans. This plan is regularly reviewed and updated to ensure its effectiveness.
We encourage protected veterans to self-identify during the application process. This information is strictly confidential and will only be used for reporting and compliance purposes as required by law. Providing this information is voluntary, and it will not impact your eligibility for employment.
Our commitment to equal employment opportunity extends beyond legal compliance. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees, including protected veterans, are treated with dignity, respect, and fairness.
How to Apply
To apply to IT Concept Position- Please click on the: "Apply for this Job" button at the bottom of this Job Description or the button at the top: "Application." You can upload your resume and complete all the application steps. You must submit the application for IT Concepts to receive. If you need alternative application methods, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and request assistance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.