|January 30, 2024
|North Chicago, IL
Our Business Technology Solutions (BTS) team shapes the digital transformation accelerating the future of medicine at AbbVie-and we do it together, asking bold questions and taking on tough challenges through deep, honest collaboration. In the role of Salesforce Delivery Lead, you will join a diverse, global team that invests in your customized career growth and uses technology and data to positively
impact people's lives.
Conceive, design, and implement technology solutions on the Salesforce Platform that solve significant business problems. Investigate, identify, and implement solutions that drive productivity and efficiency gains throughout multiple business areas. Act as a lead engineer in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions. Technology Delivery Leads will be aligned to a specific business areas.
• Conceive, design, and implement Salesforce Software and technology solutions by understanding business need; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem aeas; Demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing information and technical expertise
• Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies and platforms related to software design and development, programming languages, data integration, data warehousing, data analysis and visualization tools, data storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments.
• Becomes technical expert in specific custom built Salesforce Platform applications understanding the overall design, data flows, custom components, etc. Understand and clearly explain platform constraints, tradeoffs of building custom components vs leveraging standard components, and recommending ways to solve problems.
• Monitor solution development and testing performance by vendor working closely with vendor leadership, onshore and offshore resources to ensure delivery success.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare business, and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions
• Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor. Keeps key stakeholders informed through effective verbal and written communication.
• May mentor/supervise a team of one or more and guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
• Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
•Bachelor's Degree with 7 years experience; Master's Degree with 6 years experience; PhD with 2 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
•Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of own discipline.
•Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
•Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
•2 years experience with Salesforce custom development
•Experience with agile delivery model and tools including Jira and Confluence
Why Business Technology Solutions
For anyone who wants to use technology and data to make a difference in people's lives, shape the digital transformation of a leading biopharmaceutical company, and secure sustainable career growth within a diverse, global team: we're ready for you.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie's policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.