|February 1, 2024
|Mendota Heights, MN
Are you interested in working for the nation’s leading fire protection company and beginning a rewarding and satisfying career that helps save the lives of thousands each year? Do you want to be a part of a growing and expanding team of industry experts? If so, exploring career opportunities with Summit Companies may be right for you!
The purpose of the Technical Data Business Analyst is to document and drive requirements gathering, lead requirements conversations with project team leadership, be a working member of the Oracle fusion and Salesforce implementation team, help establish agile best practices within project teams, and assist in refining internal processes. This position will work very closely with subject matter experts, stakeholders, and IT to achieve all goals defined by leadership. This candidate will evaluate, document, and communicate requirements to the project teams they work with on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Manage ERDs for Oracle, Access, Salesforce, and Sage
- Lead meetings to drive requirements discovery and requirements gathering.
- Proficient using SQL Server and writing ad-hoc queries.
- Proficient writing SQL Server Reporting Services reports.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to lead small to medium sized projects and manage communication to leadership on project status.
- Ability to write test scripts
- Experience with validating business requirements and gaining stakeholder alignment.
- Highly organized and focused on achieving goals.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the elements required to perform the job successfully, however in some cases, an equivalent combination of Education, Training, Certifications and Experience may meet the job qualifications.
Education, Training, Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skill Requirements:
- 5+ years writing requirements and managing backlog.
- 5+ years working within Salesforce.
- 5+ years experience with Agile.
- Must have the ability to effectively read, write and communicate in English with employees and customers.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- 5+ years experience with Salesforce.
- Proficient at writing requirements for Salesforce changes.
- Proficient at documenting workflows and processes in Salesforce.
- Proficient at creating dashboards and reports in Salesforce.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record, required.
- Must be able to comply with Summit’s Drug and Alcohol policy and Background screening requirements, which may also include customer specific requirements based on contractual agreement.
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Essential Job Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods. Employee will occasionally be required to bend, kneel, balance, lift <20lb, walk, stand, ascend/descend stairs, drive, twist, and reach above and below shoulders. Work Environment:
Employee will consistently be required to work indoors in an office setting, work alone and with others. Office settings are mild to moderate temperatures.
Summit Companies, through its subsidiaries, is a full-service provider for fire detection, suppression, and security with a full suite of capabilities that includes design, installation, testing, inspections, and maintenance. We serve customers across many verticals on a local, regional, and national scale. We’re proud of our well-deserved reputation for quality work that’s completed by our talented and experienced installation workforce. Summit Companies is a dynamic organization with endless growth opportunities spanning over 100 locations in more than 30 states.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence in the fire protection industry. Summit Companies supports trade skills and workforce development by hosting Recognized Apprenticeships and on-the-job training (OJT) programs for new career-seekers. Many members of our leadership team serve as chair on NFPA code compliance committees, serve on regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. Summit Companies supports employees in their professional development by offering continued development, training, and education by encouraging NICET and other career-advancing certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated team members who want to succeed in a high-growth environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
The combination of experience, knowledge, and customer service is the key to our performance and helps us achieve our goal of providing the highest quality of fire protection services to protect lives and property.
Summit Companies offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, along with an industry leading and affordable benefits package for eligible employees. Our benefits package includes:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-Term Disability – Employer Paid
- Short-Term Disability – Employer Paid
- Additional Voluntary Ancillary Benefits such as Accident and Hospital Indemnity
- Life Insurance for Team Members and Dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
Our Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing)
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (Do things right)
Summit Companies participates in E-Verify & in alignment with our commitment to safety, we promote a drug-free workplace. Summit Companies is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.