|December 16, 2023
|New York, NY
Hunger Free America strives to build the nonpartisan, grassroots movement to enact the policies and programs needed to end hunger in the US and ensure that all Americans have sufficient access to nutritious food.
Hunger Free America (HFA) is seeking to fill a temporary, part-time Salesforce & Data Management Associate to work remotely for six months.
This position must be filled by a qualified dislocated Worker. Candidates must pass a brief Dislocated Worker screening to be eligible for the position. Candidate must qualify as a Dislocated Worker. A "dislocated worker" is someone who lost their job due to one of the following situations:
- You were terminated or laid off from your job, are eligible for Unemployment Insurance benefits, and are identified by us as unlikely to return to your previous industry or occupation.
- You lost your job as a result of a plant closing or substantial layoff. You have been unemployed for a long time and are unlikely to get another job in the same or similar occupation.
- You were self-employed and are unemployed due to general economic conditions or a natural disaster.
- You may also be considered a dislocated worker if you have been away from the labor force for many years. For example: you were a full-time homemaker, and you must now return to the labor force because you have lost your source of income.
Duties May Include
- Salesforce data entry and running reports.
- Update VISTA team spreadsheets.
- Create reporting templates for funders and potential donors.
- Create spreadsheets to track important customer information and orders.
- Transfer data from a hard copy to a digital database.
- Update program information in a database.
- Organize existing data in a spreadsheet.
- Verify outdated data and make any necessary changes to records.
- Collaborate with other HFA teams to work on different projects.
- Provide occasional administrative support.
- Review data for deficiencies or errors.
- Assist with special projects that require large amounts of data entry.
- Prior work experience with Salesforce.
- Proficiency with using MicrosoftOffice programs like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Commitment to, and passion about, HFA's mission to end hunger in New York City and nationwide.
- Familiarity with AmeriCorps and the national service movement.
- 50 Broad Street, Suite 1504, NY, NY 10004
Salary and Benefits for Part-Time Employees
- This is a part-time, non-exempt, 18-hour per week position, with some in-person work required in our HQ in New York City. The time commitment is for a period of six months.
- The starting pay rate is $25.00 per hour.
Essential Physical Demands
- Must be able to frequently remain in a stationary position.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access filing cabinets, office machinery, other offices, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- Occasionally travels around New York City and possibly outside of NYC to attend meetings, conferences, and other organizational events.
- Frequently communicates with staff, donors, volunteers, and clients and must be able to exchange accurate information in these interactions.
- Minimum of two years working with Salesforce.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Clear, professional communications (listening, oral and written communications)
- Demonstrated track record as a team player
- This position reports to HFA's AmeriCorps VISTA Program Manager and will also occasionally assist HFA's Data Director with organization-wide Salesforce tasks.
Hunger Free America / NYC is an equal opportunity employer. People of all races, sexual orientations, ages, faiths, economic and social backgrounds, genders, physical abilities, and national origins are strongly encouraged to apply.
About AmeriCorps VISTA
AmeriCorps VISTA is a national service program designed to alleviate poverty. President John F. Kennedy originated the idea for VISTA, which was founded as Volunteers in Service to America in 1965, and incorporated into the AmeriCorps network of programs in 1993.
About Hunger Free America
Hunger Free America is a nonpartisan, national nonprofit group working to enact the policies and programs needed to end domestic hunger and ensure that all Americans have sufficient access to nutritious food.