|October 31, 2023
Salary: $54,974.00 - $101,712.00 Annually
Location : Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 151630
Agency: Department of Administration
Division: Office of Technology and Information Services
Opening Date: 10/24/2023
Closing Date: 10/31/2023 11:59 PM Eastern
Agency Specific Application Procedures:: All Applicants must apply online.
Class Code:: AM10
Position Number:: 60019385
Normal Work Schedule:: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
Pay Band: Band 7
Hiring Range - Min.: $60,000.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $101,712.00
Opening Date: 06/30/2023
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Veteran Preference Statement: South Carolina is making our Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
This position has been re-posted. Previous applicants need not reapply as all applicants will be considered.
The Division of Technology Operations is seeking a Salesforce Administrator that will perform end-user support, technical support, and development of Salesforce within the Department of Administration. Conduct business requirements gathering and analysis and recommend solutions that minimize the need for custom code. Create workflows and assists in end user testing. Perform daily end user support and processes work orders generated by the ticketing system. This position will also participate in vendor assisted projects and initiatives to deliver favorable project outcomes for Salesforce and its business users.
Responsibilities of the Salesforce Administrator:
- Work with technical teams to coordinate patching and end-user support issues. Provide response times within defined parameters for service desk tickets and includes clear, concise solutions. Is aware of software release cycles for salesforce and ancillary products and works to anticipate changes to avoid negative impacts to production environments. Participate in project work and brings solutions to identified risks and issues.
- Document salesforce system changes leveraging application development best practices. Work collaboratively with privacy and security teams to ensure ongoing secure operations in accordance with applicable standards, laws and requirements. Create and maintains code repository to encourage continuity of support and service. Request and participate in formal change process to communicate system changes to impacted stakeholders.
- Support the secure integration of salesforce with other systems on an as needed basis. Conduct data analysis and loading using manual or automated methods. Assist with data cleansing and organization related to Salesforce and other systems to delivery favorable project results for Admin and its customers.
- Provide routine and ad-hoc reporting based on the needs of involved stakeholders. This reporting may be contained within salesforce or connections may be used to leverage other reporting tools. Provide design, creation and delivery of reporting with feedback and approval from the Admin leadership team.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
A bachelor's degree in computer science or related field and experience in computer system development and modification in either an on-premises, cloud-based, or hybrid environment. Relevant experience may substitute for the bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.
Experience with Salesforce and Tableau or similar software combinations. Be aware of release cycles of each platform. Working knowledge of software development cycles and project management. Ability to produce technical documentation. strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills coupled with the ability to work within a Team environment. This position may require the employee to work from a remote location beyond the standard 37.5 hours/week and could include working nights, weekends and holidays. Employee will be required to carry a laptop and a cell phone for after hours contact. This position is declared as Essential and may be required to report to work during emergency situations.
Applicants indicating college credit or degree(s) on the application will be required to bring a copy of college transcript to the interview. A copy of the transcript may also be uploaded as an attachment to the application, if required by the hiring department or if desired by the applicant. Please note that some areas of the Department may require an official, certified copy of the transcript prior to hiring or within a specific timeframe required by that area, after hiring. Failure to produce an official, certified transcript may result in not being hired or termination.
The Department of Administration is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
The South Carolina Department of Administration offers an exceptional benefits package for full time (FTE) employees:
- Health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance for employees, spouse, and children
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs
Benefits for State Employees
The state of South Carolina offers eligible employees generous benefits, including health and dental insurance; retirement and savings plan options; and paid vacation and sick leave. Plus, work-life balance programs such as telecommuting and flexible work schedules are available to employees of some state agencies.
Eligible employees may enroll in health insurance, which includes prescription coverage and wellness benefits. Other available insurance benefits include dental, vision, term life insurance, long term disability and flexible spending accounts for health and child care expenses.
State employees are also offered retirement plan options, including defined benefit and defined contribution plans. Additionally, eligible employees may elect to participate in the South Carolina Deferred Compensation Program, which is a voluntary, supplemental retirement savings plan offering 401(k) and 457 plan options.
State employees may also be eligible for other benefits, including tuition assistance; holiday, annual and sick leave; and discounts on purchases, travel and more.
Note: The benefits above are available to most state employees, with the exception of those in temporary positions. Employees in temporary grant and time-limited positions may be eligible for all, some or none of these benefits as benefits are associated with each position type. For these positions, contact the hiring agency to determine what benefits may be available.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted or reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. I have read and acknowledge the above statement.
Which of the following best describes your education and professional experience?
- At least a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field and experience in computer system development and modification in either an on-premises, cloud-based, or hybrid environment.
- A high school diploma and at least 5 years of experience in computer system development and modification in either an on-premises, cloud-based, or hybrid environment.
- None of the above.