|December 4, 2023
Principal Salesforce Technical Architect
Location: All Locations
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government's most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Principal Salesforce Technical Architect at Octo, you will be responsible for the management of one of the largest Salesforce implementations, overseeing architectural design, and providing architectural guidance for multiple solution delivery projects. This role will provide technical guidance and execution on technology decisions with the various delivery teams. This includes directing, evaluating, and monitoring the progress of product development and facilitating discussions with various stakeholders and system integrators around business objectives, functionality, architecture, and product deployment.
An Octo Salesforce Technical Architect will be experienced in conducting an analysis of various commercial off-the-shelf computer applications and internal applications and identify strengths and weaknesses for use in different environments. They will have experience in the application and consumption of system resources and be able to detect problems. The Octo Salesforce Technical Architect will direct and guide junior members of a project team and give feedback to developers. They will have the ability to thoroughly identify strategies for addressing requirements, risks, and issues, as well as conduct detailed trade-off analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues. The Octo Salesforce Technical Architect will have extensive experience in the coordination of program and project leaders to identify requirements for systems and recommend a path forward. They will be able to manage a portfolio of projects, support proposal efforts, and business development opportunities.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions.
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.
Skills & Requirements
- Collaborate with other technical leaders and provide technical and architectural guidance for various existing and planned Salesforce applications and service delivery including platforms, middleware, 3rd party services, and databases.
- Implement and refine Salesforce Org strategies as they relate to one or more of the following domains: Enterprise Software Architecture, Mobile Architecture, Integration Architecture, Development Lifecycle and Deployment, Data Architecture.
- Ability to solve the hardest problems for our customers and partners.
- Define and manage production end-to-end services, functional capabilities, and business outcomes delivered on the Salesforce platform.
- Define metrics and report on performance indicators and risk factors of your domain.
- Enforces security controls maintain the system roles and authorization processes.
- Partner with security and risk teams in implementing process changes to ensure compliance with privacy policies, security audits, and certifications.
- Research changes in upcoming versions of Salesforce in order to provide recommendations that enhance productivity.
- Identify and recommend third-party products/applications and determine when it is appropriate to enhance our Salesforce experience.
- Define technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determining technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in a coherent systems design.
- Integrate the business strategy and knowledge of software capabilities (current and future) into the direction for all products.
- Support documentation of application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Lead technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, etc., and detailed design specifications for ensuring that architecture standards are followed.
- Guide technology/solution decisions with architecture and product teams for projects.
- Collaborate with architecture and development teams to perform code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architecture/design.
- BA/BS degree in a computer discipline, or equivalent applicable experience.
- Certified Salesforce Developer I
- At least one Salesforce Architect Designer certification.
- Knowledge of Salesforce configuration with third-party tools.
- At least 5 years of Salesforce development and/or architecture experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience working in the government sector a plus.
- Some familiarity with Agile project management and sprint planning.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Highly skilled in interpersonal and verbal/written communications, presentations, math, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government clearance.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable internet service that allows for effective telecommuting.
- Prefer experience supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs or other federal organizations.
- Prefer additional Salesforce certifications.
- Prefer experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
Years of Experience: 5 years of relevant experience with Salesforce architecture and development.
Education: BA/BS degree in a computer discipline, or equivalent applicable experience.
Location: Remote within the United States.
Clearance: Ability to obtain government clearance.
Octo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.
Octo is an IBM subsidiary which has been acquired by IBM and will be integrated into the IBM organization. Octo will be the hiring entity. By proceeding with this application, you understand that Octo will share your personal information with other IBM affiliates involved in your recruitment process, wherever these are located. More Information on how IBM protects your personal information, including the safeguards in case of cross-border data transfer, are available here: ".