|February 6, 2024
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other-that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Principal Salesforce Architect
As a Principal Salesforce Architect, you will exercise your strengths in consulting, customer engagement, and technology to help clients as they tackle digital business transformations. You will design and architect solutions on the Salesforce platform for engagements ranging from enterprise-wide transformative digital strategies to tightly focused proofs-of-concept on emerging technologies. The ideal candidate will be an energetic overachiever, with a team-focused, mission driven mentality, committed to solving challenging problems and doing whatever is necessary to get the job done. We have a fun and intellectually stimulating development culture and are looking for people who have a passion for development across multiple technologies, with a primary focus on the Force.com platform and integrations.
This position is open to remote work within the continental United States, or can be based in either our Washington, DC or Richmond, VA office.
- Design, build and architect solutions on the Salesforce platform which support consistent information architecture, taxonomies, visual standards, interaction patterns, and use cases across multiple platforms
- Design, build and architect solutions leveraging the Salesforce CPQ sales contracting solution
- Design and guide the integration of Salesforce with other systems and custom extensions to the Salesforce product
- Serve as the technical expert on projects directly or indirectly impacting the force.com platform, which may include significant work in Apex, VisualForce, Java for building out Lightning Web Components, as well as application integration patterns
- Document design and communicate progress to team members
- Document and communicate post-launch collateral to be used by sustaining teams for reference, which include but are not limited to workflow diagrams, process documents and frequently asked questions
- Support operations by identifying, researching and resolving performance and production issues
- Raise risks and communicate opportunities to management and stakeholders as they arise
- Collaborate with development team to enhance existing applications and develop new applications
- Provide mentoring and training to associate engineers and Application Support staff on tasks and small projects
- 6+ years enterprise consulting experience and software development experience
- Significant experience implementing Salesforce as well as the Salesforce CPQ sales contracting solution, with increasing complexity and responsibility
- Hands on experience delivering Salesforce software solutions
- Understanding of common design patterns with specific boundary systems (i.e. CMS, ERP, HRIS, DWH/DM)
- Experience using Enterprise Integration tools such as ESBs and/or ETL tools
- Expertise in both Waterfall and Agile software implementation methodologies
- Thorough understanding of both cloud and enterprise application integration concepts & best practices
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for a variety of audiences and situations
- Detail and quality oriented with the desire and ability to rapidly learn and implement new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Experience integrating Web Services (Scribe, SOAP, REST, JSON)
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 8+ years overall Solutions Architecture experience, 5+ of which in Salesforce architecture
- Experience implementing Salesforce with ERP software solutions, such as Certinia,
- Experience working with relational or multi-dimensional data in reporting or analytic infrastructures
- Leadership in guiding stakeholders in rationalizing and deploying emerging technology for business use cases
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB's DE&I Promise
If you've reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
The anticipated starting salary range for this role is $91,000 - $135,000 per year. Actual salary varies due to factors that may include but not be limited to relevant experience, skills, and location. At EAB, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the starting salary range for their role.
This hire will additionally be eligible for a discretionary bonus or incentive compensation. Variable compensation may depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to "make education smarter and our communities stronger" we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.