|February 27, 2022
Lead Salesforce Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Lead Salesforce Applications Developer provides leadership in full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.) to ensure delivery is on time and within budget. He/She directs component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance. This position develops and leads AD project activities and integrations. He/She guides teams to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position researches and supports the integration of emerging technologies. He/She provides knowledge and support for applications’ development, integration, and maintenance. This position will lead junior team members with project related activities and tasks. This position guides and influences department and project teams. He/She facilitates collaboration with stakeholders.
- Will be working on a global deployment of Salesforce Service Cloud to 40 countries, 1000 locations and 25,000 users
- The Salesforce Service Cloud application is used for Phone, Web, Email, Messaging and Chat channels
- This is a dynamic application that is rapidly growing with new Customer Support functionality
- Develop end to end Salesforce solutions using Configuration and Customization - Lightning components, APEX Class, Triggers, Visualforce pages, etc.
- Automate business processes using Salesforce automation tools: Process Builder, Workflows, Formulas, Flow, Assignment Rules and email Alerts
- Build integrations between Salesforce and external applications using REST, SOAP APIs, oAuth and Single Sign-On.
- Working expertise with Service Cloud & Service Business Processed (Email to Case, Web to Case, Live Chat, Live Message, Phone to Case, CTI Vendors, Omnichannel, Knowledge, Case Routing, Queues, Public Groups, and User Group Assignments)
- Migrate changes from development to test to production environment using Jenkins and ANT
- Perform data updates / migration using Data Loader and other Salesforce tools
- Strong knowledge with Agile Development Methodology. Participate in daily scrum meetings, analyze and assign user stories to agile development team
- Perform independent code reviews and ensure the code achieves 85% test coverage
- Strong Ability to debug and resolve issues/defects
- Author technical approach and design documentation
- Collaborate with the offshore team on design discussions and development items
- Salesforce Certification: Platform Developer 1
- Experience with Agile Development
- Expertise with Salesforce Service Cloud
- Familiarity with Business Acumen and Technical Analysis
- Self-Motivated Learner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or the equivalent in education and work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law