|Published||October 3, 2023|
Maximus Federal is currently seeking a Junior Salesforce Developer to assist with software development in an Agile environment in support of a federal client's mission.
The developer must demonstrate a willingness to learn new offerings applicable to his/her core function and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. The developer will also provide design, and implementation expertise to a cross-functional agile software development team.
This position requires a full-time onsite presence at facility located in Houston, Texas, with some flexibility to work remotely on a periodic basis.
•Provide development and technical support by using Agile best practices and techniques to configure robust solutions.
•Help design and build integrations between Salesforce and other systems using web services and integration middleware tools such as Informatica, Mulesoft, and others as required
•Assist in implementing and optimizing CI/CD pipelines, ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of software updates.
•Follow best practices and continuous improvement processes to identify future upgrade issues and design considerations.
•Collaborate effectively with team members, customers, and stakeholders to address questions, troubleshoot issues, and provide recommendations.
•Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
•Create and maintain system design and operations documentation.
•Stay up to date with the latest industry trends and technologies to ensure our systems remain cutting-edge.
•Complete other duties as assigned.
•Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is required; Degree in Computer Science is preferred; Additional experience would be considered in lieu of a degree
•At least (1) one to (3) three years of IT experience preferred
•Salesforce knowledge: This includes a better understanding of the Salesforce platform, its features, and how to use it to build applications.
•Apex programming skills: Junior Salesforce Developers should be able to write Apex code to create custom objects, functions, and triggers.
•LWC (Lightning Web component) skills: Good understanding of lightning framework to build custom lightning web components.
•Salesforce DevOps skills: Good handle on DevOps tools like Git, Jenkins and SFDX CLI commands.
•Support and troubleshoot deployment issues.
•Review existing documentation and document technical specifications, as needed.
•Perform maintenance on existing software products and contribute knowledge of business applications.
•Contribute as necessary to the development of all project artifacts throughout the system development life cycle.
•Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and proficiency using Atlassian tools is preferred.
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
•Must be a US Citizen
•Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the development team to implement a specified application design within the constraints of the technical solution and work to find compromises when desired designs cannot be achieved.
- Investigate and resolve bugs and deficiencies in the product codebase. Debug and document existing programs as needed.
- Build and maintains internal tools to streamline the software development process and enhance productivity.
- Provide technical support to the help desk and directly to end users for more advanced user issues .
- Participate in code reviews, to review for accuracy and enforce coding best practices and coding standards .
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 0-3 years of relevant professional experience required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Basic understanding of Micro-services patterns & concepts.
- Basic understanding of Cloud solutions.
- Basic understanding of containerization.
- Exposure to building, writing and executing test cases using one or more of: JMeter, JUnit, TestNG.
- Ability to use software engineering tools, such as Eclipse, Maven, Git, and others.
- Good understanding of SDLC and agile methodology.
- Good knowledge on the software engineering fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, dependency injection, testable code, and algorithms.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Be highly collaborative, a fast learner and willing to work wherever you're needed on the team.
- Curiosity to learn about new businesses and industries, and ability to quickly grasp and make effective use of industry- and company-specific terminology.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and leadership.
- Ability to summarize and convey information to stakeholders and sponsors .
Education and Experience Requirements
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to job location, a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant's salary history will not be used in determining compensation. Maximus will comply with regulatory minimum wage rates and exempt salary thresholds in all instances.