|January 14, 2022
Job Summary and Mission
At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission through the use of cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
We are seeking a Salesforce Developer to implement some of Starbucks most exciting and innovative areas of technology strategy. This is an engineering position with an opportunity to be on the forefront of technical complexity driving major transformation for Channel Development, US Licensed Stores and our Global Licensed Stores.
As a Salesforce Developer, you will lead the development and continuous improvement of Starbucks’ global Salesforce orgs spanning products such as Sales Cloud, B2B Commerce, Experience Cloud and others. You will work with business and technical partners across the company to maximize the benefits of the Salesforce platform, with a focus on elevating the user experience. You’ll design, build, and maintain highly effective tools used by partners (employees) and customers worldwide. You'll have excellent technical and communication skills, will proactively work with technical and operational partners (employees) to translate business opportunities into well-architected Salesforce solutions.
This role is a software development role which requires leadership through a strong customer service orientation and continuous improvement mindset to continually deliver enhanced capabilities elevating the user experience. The ability to lead, influence, and partner effectively with others is critical to success in this role.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Technical Design and Implementation
- Collaborates in planning, decomposing, estimating, scheduling, prioritization, and resource allocation exercises. Mitigates risk with prototypes for complex problems as appropriate. Build incrementally, with an eye toward vision of the final product. Provides transparency in approach and progress, throughout the process.
- Participates in the solution design process: requirements gathering and backlog refinement, shapes and guides systems approach, helps with project initiation, contributes to functional design, and leads technical design and development.
- Develops software solutions to business problems. Leverages established design patterns and coding standards. Builds solutions that are secure, durable, scalable, flexible, and accessible and proactively mitigate against production support issues.
- Operates in both waterfall and Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes and methodologies.
- Creates and maintains documentation supporting training, system administration, deployment, and operational processes and procedures.
- Collaboratively and effectively diagnoses, troubleshoots, and remediates incidents and problems to support the end user community. Initiates and leads root cause analysis efforts to identify and implement solutions to operational issues.
- Proactively participates in helping shape candidate solutions on the platform. This consultative part of the role explores the business capability portfolio to guide and direct solution options to ensure health of the platform.
- Plays a creative role in the Platform Stewardship portfolio. Contributes to the vision, roadmap, and platform investments needed to take our business solutions to the next level. Identifies, influences, sells, and prioritizes innovative platform opportunities, as well as technical debt, with regular reviews, creating programs and solutions to raise the level of the platform offering or remediate systemic operational problems.
- Partners with cross functional teams, such as Infrastructure, Security, Architecture, QA, and key Development teams, to strengthen and elevate the platform from a technology perspective. Successfully drives designs and solutions through enterprise processes and governance to ensure compliant, secure, and supportable solutions.
- Deepens vendor relationships to understand and influence vendor product offerings and roadmaps, improves support engagement and gains insight into technology trends.
- Contributes to the platform development community by providing input, content and feedback on design patterns, coding standards, and shared libraries.
- Provides project leadership; initiates, organizes and champions small to medium development efforts for a team of developers over a shared code base.
- Supervises delivery of other developers on the team by setting priority and guiding deliverables.
- Represents the Development Team when engaged with cross functional teams, including functional analysts, Project Management, Development, Architecture, Infrastructure, and the business customer.
- Negotiates, facilitates, and influences others to gain alignment and mutually agreeable outcomes in complex and ambiguous situations. Socializes technical approach and design to project team and corresponding dependent teams.
- Coaches and mentors other application developers learning new skills and technologies.
- Exhibits leadership courage with respectful, articulate positions to influence critical technology solutions.
- Manages the initiative and delivers in a fast-paced support environment, driving all issues to resolution with a strong focus on customer satisfaction, stakeholder management, on-time delivery and efficient task execution.