|July 14, 2022
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Join us as a Salesforce Service Cloud Platform Engineer! Our organization is adopting Salesforce at a rapid pace and is assembling a great team of Salesforce professionals to help guide and sustain that growth going forward.
This technical leadership role helps us deliver advanced Salesforce solutions for our business by designing and engineering solutions to address business opportunities, and then providing oversight of a variety of first-tier vendors delivering the work to ensure quality delivery.
A successful candidate will design solutions that span multiple platforms and include integration and authentication across systems; manage work through the development lifecycle to ensure the delivery of scalable and secure solutions; articulate design considerations, trade-offs, benefits, and recommendations for our architecture in this space.
Specific Job Overview
The Platform Engineer is a technical role that is accountable for the engineering of solutions for applications within an Application Platform that will be delivered via a supplier. This role requires a high level of specialized knowledge and skill in Information Technology (IT) for applications that supports the MVW Enterprise.
This position applies technologies, procedures, methodologies, quality and security standards, which are in alignment with the Enterprise Architecture standards or project specific architecture decisions. This position prepares technical engineering documents per the MVW Software Development Lifecycle that describe in technical terms and diagrams what needs to be delivered by a supplier.
During the development phase, this position functions as a technical expert providing oversight of the supplier work to ensure delivered solutions align to what was engineered and meets MVW standards and quality expectations.
- Develops operating plans and workable business processes for own department in alignment with function strategy
- Manages business processes and/or projects, setting priorities and measurable objectives, monitoring and reporting on the process, progress, and results
- Responds to, solves, and makes decisions on business requests that have broad department impact and/or moderate risk
- Presents alternative solutions to business issues by leveraging the organization
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department, and/or business results Directs work of non-management staff. Typically influences work of cross-functional or extended teams
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- acting in a consultative fashion to implement programs impacting the organization
- assisting in the development and communication of organizational goals
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility
- developing and using systems to organize and keep track of information
- balancing the interests of own group with the interests of the organization
- working with others to identify and remove barriers to success
- Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge
- Performs other duties as appropriate
Specific Contributions and Responsibilities
- Partners with Business Analysts and Platform Architects to understand the desired new features or business capabilities needed
- Translates business requirements and architectural direction documents into technical solution documents and diagrams that contribute to an overall bid package. Technical solution documents and diagrams serve as the blueprint of what will be developed (configured, coded) by the supplier.
- Works with Platform Owners and Project Delivery roles to review/develop supplier bids and proposed work orders
- Review technical designs from the supplier or develops solution engineering documents as needed
- Provides oversight and approval of supplier developed designs and test plans
- Works closely with Platform Owners and Project Delivery roles to establish overall project management measures and delivery requirements
- Reviews supplier work product to ensure alignment to approved design specifications and that delivered solution aligns to MVW policy and MVW Application Development best practices.
- As needed, provides advanced support (level 4) during production incidents to reduce the outage and shares knowledge with Supplier to allow Supplier to resolve future issues independently
- Contributes to MVW Best Practices Library by creating or enhancing standards
Generic Candidate Profile
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally, a professional position requiring significant knowledge and experience in one or more disciplines and/or business operations as well as associate and/or organizational management experience.
Specific Candidate Profile
- Collaboration and Communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills appropriate for the audience
- Demonstrated ability in developing written technical specification documents and diagrams that serve as the blueprint for a supplier to bid and ultimately deliver a solution
- Platform or Application related specialized skills and knowledge
- Supplier Management
- College degree: technology based, engineering, computer science, or statistical/math sciences or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- Requires 12 to 15 years of progressive experience in technology application development including experience operating in a globally sourced operating model leveraging suppliers for Application Development services.
- Able to exhibit a progression of increasingly complex applications and successfully lead and deliver complex IT projects. Experiencing working with agile development teams in a global sourcing model is a plus.
- Technical knowledge and experience in managing service delivery on the Salesforce platform.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Salesforce Service Cloud. Experience with Einstein Bots and Experience (Community) Cloud is ideal.
- Experience with Heroku Connect, Chargent Payments, DocuSign CLM/eSignature, and/or OwnBackup is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce Integration design and development, including Events, SOAP / REST / BULK APIs, Canvasing, Authentication, etc.
- Experience with Salesforce Managed Packages
- Experience with Salesforce customization and administration
- Experience with DX
- Experience using Splunk
- Salesforce Admin and Platform Dev I/II Certifications preferred; Service Cloud Consultant Certification is a plus.
- Understanding of Salesforce custom application design including knowledge of limits, throttling, security, certificates, APIs, auth, etc., on the Salesforce platform.
- Experience working with and utilizing DevOps practices; Copado Enterprise experience is ideal.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.